|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Manojit Pramanik
Assistant Chair (Academic), School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5835
- PhD Washington University 2010
- MTech (Instrument Tech) Indian Institute of Science 2004
- BTech(Hons) (Instrumentation Engrg) Indian Institute of Technology 2002
|Dr. Manojit Pramanik received his Ph.D. degree (2010) in Biomedical Engineering from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, USA under the tutelage of Dr. Lihong Wang. He joined the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore as Assistant Professor in January 2014. He obtained his masters (M.Tech.) degree from Department of Instrumentation at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India in 2004 and his undergraduate (B.Tech) from the Department of Electrical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India in 2002. Prior to joining NTU he served as Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India for one and half years. His industry experiences include two years at General Electric Global Research (GRC), Bangalore, India and one year at Philips Medical System, Bangalore, India. He is the recipient of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India Young Scientist Research Award 2013. His research interest include development of photoacoustic and thermoacoustic imaging systems, image reconstruction methods, clinical application areas such as breast cancer imaging, molecular imaging, contrast agent development, monte-carlo simulation for light transport in biological tissue etc. He has more than 100 international journal and conference publications and presentations.|
|Development of photoacoustic and thermoacoustic imaging systems, image reconstruction methods, clinical application areas such as breast cancer imaging, molecular imaging, contrast agent development, monte-carlo simulation for light transport in biological tissue etc.|
- Functional photoacoustic microscopy in vascular disease, neoplasia, and ischemia
- Improving microbubble-assisted sonothrombolysis efficiency and its real-time monitoring using combined ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging
- Low-cost, portable, real-time pulsed laser diode photoacoustic tomography (PLD-PAT) system for brain tumor imaging, and monitoring of photothermal therapy in small animal model
- Point-of-care Diagnostics of Tuberculosis (TB) using Label-free Impedimetric Nucleic Acid Assay
- Super resolution photoacoustic microscopy using photonic nanojet for biological imaging
- To develop novel hybrid photoacoustic imaging systems by combining both optical & ultrasound imaging, for various biomedical application areas, such as breast cancer imaging, angiogenesis imaging, tumor monitoring, molecular imaging
- Moein Mozaffarzadeh, Vijitha Periyasamy, Paul Kumar Upputuri, Manojit Pramanik, and Bahador Makkiabadi. (2019). Proceedings of SPIE: An Efficient Image Formation Algorithm for Real-time Linear-Array Photoacoustic Tomography. (pp. 108785D).
- Mehdi Haji Heidari Varnosfaderani, Moein Mozaffarzadeh, Paul Kumar Upputuri, and Manojit Pramanik. (2019). Proceedings of SPIE: Genetic Algorithm for Feedback-Based Wavefront Shaping in Optical Imaging. (pp. 108786G).
- Paul Kumar Upputuri, and Manojit Pramanik. (2019). Proceedings of SPIE: Multiple wavelength fringe analysis for surface profile measurements. (pp. 108872E).
- Yuyan Jiang, Paul Kumar Upputuri, Chen Xie, Ziling Zeng, Arunima Sharma, Xu Zhen, Jingchao Li, Jiaguo Huang, Manojit Pramanik, and Kanyi Pu. (2019). Metabolizable Semiconducting Polymer Nanoparticles for Second Near-Infrared Photoacoustic Imaging. Advanced Materials, 31(11), 1808166.
- Sandeep Kumar Kalva, and Manojit Pramanik. (2019). Proceedings of SPIE: Pulsed laser diode based photoacoustic tomography system using multiple acoustic reflector based single element ultrasound transducers. (pp. 1087831).