|1. Novel materials for organic photovoltaic: molecular/structural modification for improved charge separation and transport, integration of organic/inorganic nanomaterials for improved carrier conductivity, mobility enhancement of organic molecules,
2. Organic photovoltaic devices: architectural design by bulk heterojunction, tandem cells, organic/inorganic hybrid cells; fabrication integration techniques of nanomaterials.
3. Synthesis and characterizations of nanomaterials: Group IV (Si, SiGe, Ge) nanowires, metal-oxide nanowires and nanoparticles (ZnO, TiO2), nanoparticle-decorated nanowires
4. Materials for nanoelectronic devices: growth, thermal stability and relaxation mechanisms of semiconductor heteroepitaxy structures , fabrication and electrical behavior of advanced gate stack for Si-based CMOS, nanomaterials for advanced electronic devices.
- Padinhare Cholakkal Harikesh, Bo Wu, Biplab Ghosh, Rohit Abraham John, Stener Lie, Krishnamoorthy Thirumal, Lydia Helena Wong, Tze Chien Sum, Subodh Mhaisalkar, Nripan Mathews. (2018). Doping and Switchable Photovoltaic Effect in Lead‐Free Perovskites Enabled by Metal Cation Transmutation. Advanced Materials, 30(34), 1802080.
- Muhammad Aamir Hassan, Mohammad Mujahid, Leow Shin Woei and Lydia Helena Wong. (2018). Spray pyrolysis synthesized Cu(In,Al)(S,Se)2 thin films solar cells. Materials Research Express, 5(3).
- Wenjie Li, Dr. Joel Ming Rui Tan, Dr. Shin Woei Leow, Stener Lie, Prof. Shlomo Magdassi, Prof. Lydia Helena Wong. (2018). Recent Progress in Solution‐Processed Copper‐Chalcogenide Thin‐Film Solar Cells. Energy Technology, 6(1), 46-59.
- J. M. R. Tan, M. Scott, W. Hao, T. Baikie, C. T. Nelson, S. Pedireddy, R. Tao, X. Ling, S. Magdassi, T. White, S. Li, A. M. Minor, H. Zheng and L. H. Wong. (2017). Revealing Cation Exchange Induced Phase Transformations in Multi-Elemental Chalcogenide Nanoparticles. Chemistry of Materials, 29, 9192-9199.
- Gurudayal, RA John, PP Boix, C Yi, C Shi, MC Scott, SA Veldhuis, AM Minor, SM Zakeerrudin, LH Wong, M Graetzel, N Mathews. (2017). Atomically Altered Hematite for Highly Efficient Perovskite Tandem Water-Splitting Devices. ChemSusChem, 10(11), 2449-2456.