|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Luo Yu
Assistant Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Dr Yu Luo received his Ph.D of Physics from Imperial College London in 2012. He then remained as a research associate in the same university. Since January 2015 Luo has been an assistant professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of Nanyang Technological University.|
Yu Luo has worked on a wide range of topics within the realm of metamaterials and plasmonics ranging from the design of invisibility cloaks and plasmonic light- harvesting devices to the study of nonlocal and quantum phenomena in mesoscopic plasmonic systems. He has authored more than 60 international refereed journal papers published on Science, Nature Physics, Nature Communications, PNAS, PRL, Nano Letters, Advanced Materials etc., and is attributed with over 1,400 citations. His work has been highlighted by many scientific magazines and public media, including Nature Photonics, Nature Physics, Physics World, Phys.org, BBC News, Guardian, etc.
|Metamaterials for microwave and optical applications|
Transformation optics and invisibility
Nonlocal and quantuenm effects in mesoscopic plasmonic systems
Nonlinear phenomenon in active metamaterials
We currently have openings for PhD students and research fellow (postdoc).
- Broadband Plasmonic Devices for Biosensing and Optoelectronic Modulation
- CMOS Terahertz Interconnect towards Tera-scale Personalized Cloud Server
- Compact Infrared/terahertz Travelling Wave Antennas for Environmental Sensing, High-speed Communication, and Photovoltaics
- Mid-infrared Metasurface and Metamaterials (M3)
- Nanoantenna Spatial Light Modulators for Next-Gen Display Technologies (NSLM)
- Quantum plasmonics: From efficient high harmonic generation to enhanced sensing
- Super-resolution Optical Imaging and Solid-state EUV Light Sources Using Plasmonic Quantum Effects
- J. Zhang, J. B. Pendry, and Y. Luo. (2019). Transformation optics from macroscopic to nanoscale regimes: a review. Advanced Photonics, 1(1), 014001.
- T. Wu, Y. Luo, S. A. Maier, and L. Wei. (2019). Phase-matching and Peak Nonlinearity Enhanced Third-Harmonic Generation in Graphene Plasmonic Coupler. Physical Review Applied, 11(1), 014049.
- L. Liu, L. Wu, J. Zhang, Z. Li, B. Zhang, Y. Luo. (2018). Backward Phase Matching for Second Harmonic Generation in Negative‐Index Conformal Surface Plasmonic Metamaterials. Advanced Science, 5(11), 1800661.
- Zhen Gao, Lin Wu, Fei Gao, Yu Luo, Baile Zhang. (2018). Spoof Plasmonics: From Metamaterial Concept to Topological Description. Advanced Materials, 30(31), 1706683.
- Z. Gao, H. Xu, F. Gao, Y. Zhang, Y. Luo, and B. Zhang. (2018). Surface-Wave Pulse Routing around Sharp Right Angles. Physical Review Applied, 9(4), 044019.