|My research interests are mainly focused on development and validation of non-invasive, cellular and sub-cellular resolution imaging methods for disease diagnosis and life science research.|
Postdoctoral fellow position in the area of high resolution optical coherence tomography (OCT) devices.
The successful candidate will work on a collaborative research project with a focus on micro-optical coherence tomography, synthetic aperture endoscopy, and point-of-care optical imaging devices.
1) A PhD’s degree in optical instrumentation, optics and optical technology, precision instrument or related fields;
2) Extensive experiences in optical microscopic or endoscopic system design and alignment;
3) Experiences in designing and development of opto-mechanical systems such as an OCT endoscope;
4) Research track records (publications) showing self-motivated, independent, and innovative research ability in the above mentioned areas;
5) Practical skills including C/C++ programming, lens design and simulation, and mechanical design are preferred.
1) Development and validation of optical imaging system (such as OCT endoscope) for quantitative measurement and evaluation of pathophysiological processes;
2) Development of algorithms for advanced imaging functions and quantitative image analysis.
Remuneration and benefit:
The remuneration package will be very competitive and negotiable based on the qualifications, experiences, and job scope. Annual bonus and salary raise can be justified according to scientific contributions and contributions to research group development (publications/patents/licensing, external grants, PhD student training).
To apply, please submit a cover letter (detailing relevant experiences and independent achievements), curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three references to:
Linbo Liu, Ph.D. Associate Professor
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
- Xin Ge, Hongying Tang, Xianghong Wang, Xinyu Liu, Si Chen, Nanshuo Wang, Guangming Ni, Xiaojun Yu, Shufen Chen, Haitao Liang, En Bo, Lulu Wang, Cilwyn Shalitha Braganza, Chenjie Xu, Steven M. Rowe, Guillermo J. Tearney, and Linbo Liu. (2019). Geometry-dependent spectroscopic contrast in deep tissues. iScience, 19, 965-975.
- Si Chen, Xin Ge, Xinyu Liu, Qianshan Ding, Nanshuo Wang, Xianghong Wang, Shufen Chen, Haitao Liang, Yunchao Deng, Qiaozhou Xiong, Guangming Ni, En Bo, Chenjie Xu Honggang Yu and Linbo Liu. (2019). Understanding optical reflectance contrast for real‐time characterization of epithelial precursor lesions. Bioengineering & Translational Medicine, 4, e10137.
- Dongyao Cui, Xinyu Liu, Jing Zhang, Xiaojun Yu, Sun Ding, Yuemei Luo, Jun Gu, Ping Shum, and Linbo Liu. (2014). Dual spectrometer system with spectral compounding for 1-μm optical coherence tomography in vivo. Optics Letters, 39(23), 6727-6730.
- Susan E Birket, Kengyeh K Chu, Linbo Liu, Grace H Houser, Bradford J Diephuis, Eric J Wilsterman, Gregory Dierksen, Marina Mazur, Suresh Shastry, Yao Li, John D Watson, Alexander T Smith, Benjamin S Schuster, Justin Hanes, William E Grizzle, Eric J Sorscher, Guillermo J Tearney, Steven M Rowe. (2014). A functional anatomic defect of the cystic fibrosis airway. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 190(4), 421-432.
- L Liu, JA Gardecki, SK Nadkarni, JD Toussaint, Y Yagi, BE Bouma, GJ Tearney. (2011). Imaging the subcellular structure of human coronary atherosclerosis using micro-optical coherence tomography. Nature Medicine, 17(8), 1010-1014.