|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Lim Ai Ching
Assistant Dean (Graduate Studies), College of Business (Nanyang Business School), College of Busines
Assistant Dean, Graduate Studies
|Elison Lim is currently Associate Professor at the Division of Marketing and presently serves as the Assistant Dean (Graduate Studies). Before joining Nanyang Business School, Elison was Senior Lecturer (with tenure) at The University of Melbourne. |
Elison's research interests are in the area of consumer behaviour, with a focus on understanding the role of emotions and affective display in consumer-marketer interactions, the impact of culture on consumption, as well as the influence of figurative language effects on advertising and branding perceptions. Her research has been published in international journals such as Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Advertising, and Journal of Business Research. Elison was the recipient of the Divisional Research Excellence Award in 2011.
Aside to research, Elison enjoys teaching and interacting with students. She was the recipient of the Nanyang Education Award in 2017, as well as the Divisional Teaching Excellence Award (2013, 2016). Elison has also nominated for the Nanyang Education Award (2013, 2016, 2018) and the Teacher of the Year Award (2015, 2016).
Visit Elison's Google Scholar page at: http://bit.ly/googlescholar_ElisonLim
|Emotions and affective display|
Culture and Cross-Cultural Consumer Differences
Language Effects in Advertising
- The role of socialization agents in adolescents' responses to mobile marketing: A consumer socialization perspective
- Lim, Elison, Lee Yih Hwai, Foo Maw Der. (2017). Frontline Employee’s Nonverbal Cues in Service Encounters Is A Potential Double-Edged Sword. Academy of Marketing Science. Journal, 45(5), 657-676.
- Lim, Elison, Doreen Kum, and Lee Yih Hwai. (2015). Understanding How Changes Within Service Experiences Impact Prospective Vs. Retrospective Time Judgments. Academy of Marketing Science. Journal, 43(6), 730-745.
- Ang Swee Hoon, Elison Lim, Leong Siew Meng, and Chen Zhaonan. (2015). In Pursuit of Happiness: Effects of Alternative Comparison and Mental Subtraction. Social Indicators Research, 122(1), 87-103.
- Lee, Yih Hwai and Elison Ai Ching Lim. (2010). When Good Cheer Goes Unrequited: How Emotional Receptivity Affects Evaluation of Expressed Emotion. Journal of Marketing Research, 47, 1151-61.
- Lim, Elison Ai Ching, Swee Hoon Ang, Yih Hwai Lee, and Siew Meng Leong. (2009). Get the Picture? The Effects of Idiom Processing on Consumer Ad Response. Journal of Pragmatics, 41(9), 1778-1793.
« Back to Category Write-up