|1991-1994 PhD program at the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry in Moscow
1994-1997 Postdoctoral training an the Institut für Molekularbiologie und Biophysik, ETH-Zürich, Supervision Prof. Kurt Wüthrich.
1997 Seniour Researcher at the ETH Zürich, laboratory of Prof. Kurt Wüthrich.
2000 Assistant Professor, Laboratorium für Physikalische Chemie, ETH Zurich.
2006.10 Associate Professor, School of Biological Sciences, NTU, Singapore
|Solution NMR spectroscopy. NMR in solution will be used as a primary tool to elucidate structure and dynamics of IAPP and its mimics in physiologically relevant complexes encountered in health. I specialize on NMR pulse sequence, software and hardware developments in the area of NMR spectroscopy of biomolecules in solution using NMR. The main focus is development of advanced solution NMR and computational techniques to attack challenging biological problems such as structure/dynamics investigations of refolded proteins, membrane proteins, structures of molecular machines assisting heme transfer and folding of other proteins, ligand/protein complexes, large multimeric enzymes, ion channels. We developed a new TROSY concept, which allowed structural studies of large proteins (e.g. 220 kDa complex of immuno-complement proteins). Since NMR structural work should be conducted with medium and large (according to current NMR standards) proteins and protein complexes the use of the advanced NMR techniques such as TROSY, CRINEPT, LTROSY and TROSY-SPI will be critical. Dynamic behaviour of IAPP and analogues will be studied by NMR relaxation methods developed. We developed an automatic assignment of protein resonances program SideLink and extended it to direct spectrum analysis drastically speeding up structure determination of medium sized proteins.|
- Wei L, Jiang P, Manimekalai MSS, Hunke C, Gruber G, Pervushin K, Mu Y. (2015). Extended structure of rat islet amyloid polypeptide in solution. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 827, 85-92.
- Lim SM, Chen D, Teo H, Roos A , Jansson AE, Nyman T , Trésaugues L , Pervushin K, Nordlund P. (2013). Structural and dynamic insights into substrate binding and catalysis of human lipocalin Prostaglandin D synthase. Journal of Lipid Research, 54(6), 1630-43.
- Tan E, Rao F, Pasunooti S, Pham TH, Soehano I, Turner MS, Liew CW, Lescar J, Pervushin K and Liang Z-X. (2013). Solution Structure of the PAS Domain of a Thermophilic YybT Homolog Reveals a Potential Ligand-Binding Site. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 288(17), 11949-11959.
- How, Jonathan; Zhang, Ai; Phillips, Margaret; Reynaud, Aline; Lu, Si Yan; Pan, Lucy Xin; Ho, Hai Ting; Yau, Yin Hoe; Guskov, Albert; Pervushin, Konstantin; Shochat, Susana Geifman; Eshaghi, Said; Koch, Karl-Wilhelm. (2013). Comprehensive Analysis and Identification of the Human STIM1 Domains for Structural and Functional Studies. PLoS ONE, 8(1), e53979-.
- Li, J., S. Liu, R. Lakshminarayanan, Y. Bai, K. Pervushin, C. Verma, and R. W. Beuerman. (2013). Molecular simulations suggest how a branched antimicrobial peptide perturbs a bacterial membrane and enhances permeability. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, 1828(3), 1112-21.