|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Ang Kai Keng
Adjunct Assistant Professor
|ANG Kai Keng received Bachelor of Applied Science with 1st class Honors and Masters of Philosophy from Nanyang Technological University (NTU). After graduation, he worked as a lead engineer on software development for combustion engine control product in Delphi Automotive Systems. He then further obtained his Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from NTU. He is currently a Senior Scientist, Head of Neural & Biomedical Technology, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), A*STAR. He is also an Adjunct Asst. Prof. in the School of Computer Science and Engineering, NTU.|
Research and teaching have always been his passion. As a senior scientist, he has published over 150 peer-reviewed articles including 48 journals in the area of Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Computational Intelligence, Brain-Computer Interface and Neural Signal Processing (H-index 35 from Google Scholar, 27 from Scopus and 21 from Web of Science ORCID: 0000-0002-3053-6311). He has also received BCI Annual Research Award and IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award. As a unit head, he is responsible for key operations of several research projects lead by other Principal Investigators, identifying research directions, and manages and appraise the performance of 20~30 research staffs. For teaching, he has taught part of a post-graduate course in Computational Intelligence as an Adjunct in NTU and conducted various workshops and tutorials to a large variety of audience in the academic and medical profession. He also co-supervised 3, mentored 5 students who graduated with Ph.D, and currently supervising 4 PhD students. Hence he has extensive experience in directing and managing research.
For professional bodies, he is a Senior Member of IEEE. He also served as co-chair and session chairs in international conferences, and paper reviewer of various journals and conferences.
|Brain-Computer Interface, Neural Signal Processing, Computational Intelligence, Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning.|
- Ahmed. M. Azab, Lyudmila Mihaylova, Kai Keng Ang, and Mahnaz Arvaneh. (2019). Weighted Transfer Learning for Improving Motor Imagery-Based Brain–Computer Interface. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 27(7), 1352-1359.
- Fatemeh Fahimi, Zhuo Zhang, Wooi Boon Goh, Tih-Shih Lee, Kai Keng Ang, Cuntai Guan. (2019). Inter-subject transfer learning with end-to-end deep convolutional neural network for EEG-based BCI. Journal of Neural Engineering, 2019, 16(9), 026007.
- Xinyang Li, Cuntai Guan, Haihong Zhang, Kai Keng Ang. (2017). A Unified Fisher's Ratio Learning Method for Spatial Filter Optimization. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 28(11), 2727-2737.
- Kai Keng Ang and Cuntai Guan. (2017). EEG-based strategies to detect motor imagery for control and rehabilitation. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 25(4), 392-401.
- Kai Keng Ang, Cuntai Guan. (2015). Brain-Computer Interface for Neurorehabilitation of Upper Limb After Stroke. Proceedings of the IEEE, 103(6), 944-953.
« Back to Category Write-up