|After having worked on a range of topics in conservation (wildlife trade, invertebrate ecology, habitat fragmentation), I now focus on the conservation and development challenges faced in the context of commercial and small-scale agricultural expansion in the tropics. I am interested to pursue more research in the areas of conservation and development in the rural tropics, food security, sustainable certification of agro-commodities, as well as understanding how to curb the haze in Southeast Asia.|
- Shailendra Mishra, Jyrki Jauhiainen, Hanna Silvennoinen, Shivshankar Umashankar, Romy Chakraborty, Aswandi Idris, Janice S. H. Lee, and David A. Wardle. (2018, April). Science–based technological innovations can reduce socio-economic impacts and enhance the sustainability of tropical peatlands. Paper presented at European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2018, Vienna, Austria.
- JSH Lee, Z Jaafar, AKJ Tan, LR Carrasco, JJ Ewing, DP Bickford, EL Webb, LP Koh. (2016). Toward clearer skies: challenges in regulating transboundary haze in Southeast Asia. Environmental Science and Policy, 55, 87-95.
- JSH Lee, LP Koh, DS Wilcove. (2016). Junking tropical forests for junk food?. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, (accepted).
- SA Abood, JSH Lee, Z Burivalova, J Garcia-Ulloa, LP Koh. (2015). Relative contributions of the logging, fiber, oil palm, and mining industries to forest loss in Indonesia. Conservation Letters, 8(1), 58-67.
- JSH Lee, S Abood, J Ghazoul, K Obidzinski, LP Koh. (2014). Environmental Impacts of Large-Scale Oil Palm Enterprises Exceed that of Smallholdings in Indonesia. Conservation Letters, 7(1), 25-33.