|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Jack Zhang Xin
Assistant Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Phone: +65 67905419
Office: S2 B2C 95
|Xin Zhang received two Ph.D. degrees. He received the Ph.D. degree in Automatic Control and Systems Engineering from the University of Sheffield, U.K., in 2016 and the Ph.D. degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering from Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics, China, in 2014. He was the Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2017.01 - 2017.09) and Research Assistant (2008.09-2009.03) at the City University of Hong Kong and the Research Associate (2014.02 - 2016.12) at the University of Sheffield. Currently, he is an Assistant Professor at the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), where he is also the Cluster Director in Energy Research Institute @NTU.|
His current research interests include Advanced control and topologies of modern power electronic systems/converters in smart grid, electric vehicle/aircraft/ship, Stability and reliability of modern power electronic systems, Application of SiC / GaN power devices and Smart green buildings. He has published more than 100 journal and international conference papers and filled in 10 patents.
He has received Young Engineer Award Nomination of PCIM Asia at 2011, the highly-prestigious Chinese National Award for Outstanding Students Abroad at 2016, the 'IET Control & Automation Doctoral Dissertation Prize' Award Nomination at 2017, Zhang Si-Ying Outstanding Youth Paper Award at 2018. He is the Associate Editor of IEEE transactions on industrial electronics, Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, IET Power electronics and CCDC. He serviced as the committee member of IEEE IA/PEL joint society at Singapore (2018 to now), International TPC member of CCDC (2017 to now), Tutorial Chair of IEEE Southern Power Electronics Conference (SPEC 2018), Topic Chair of IEEE Asian Conference on Energy, Power and Transportation Electrification (ACEPT 2018), Tutorial Chair of IEEE International Future Energy Electronics Conference (IFEEC 2019), Publication Chair of IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems (PEDS 2019), Session chair of IEEE PEAC 2018/IEEE ECCE Asia 2018/IEEE PEDG 2015, etc.
|a) Advanced control and topologies of modern power electronic systems/converters in smart grid, electric vehicle/aircraft/ship.|
b) Stability and reliability of modern power electronic systems.
c) HVDC and FACTs.
d) Application of SiC / GaN power devices.
e) Smart green buildings.
a) PhD students;
b) Research Fellows;
c) Research Associates.
- A Universal Hardware-In-Loop Platform for Hybrid AC/DC Microgrids
- Development of a Planning Tool for Electric Vehicle Impact Analysis and Urban Living Electrical Infrastructure Planning
- On-line Smart Air-Balancing System for Net Zero Energy Building
- Stability, Reliability and Advanced Control of Power Electronic Systems (SCOPES)
- Topology Design, Control Strategy and Stability Analysis of the Multi-Port DC Energy Router (MDER) in the Smart Building Applications
- Xin Zhang, Qing-Chang Zhong, etal. (2018). Source-side Series-virtual-impedance Control to Improve the Cascaded System Stability and the Dynamic Performance of Its Source Converter. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, early access.
- J.J Huang, Xin Zhang, etal. (2018). Robust Circuit Parameters Design for the CLLC-Type DC Transformer in the Hybrid AC/DC Microgrid. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, early access.
- Kewai Wang, Xin Zhang, Henry Chung. (2018). Solid-State Single-Port Series Damping Device for Power Converters in DC Microgrid Systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, early access.
- JIng lv, Xin Zhang, etal,. (2018). Harmonic State-Space Based Small-Signal Impedance Modeling of Modular Multilevel Converter with Consideration of Internal Harmonic Dynamics. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, early access.
- Y He, HSH Chung, JCT Lai, Xin Zhang, W Wu. (2018). Active Cancellation of Equivalent Grid Impedance for Improving Stability and Injected Power Quality of Grid-Connected Inverter under Variable Grid Condition. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, early access.