|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Wang Huaxiong
Associate Professor, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
Phone: +65 65137472
Office: SPMS-MAS 05 26
|Huaxiong Wang received a PhD in Mathematics from University of Haifa, Israel in 1996 and a PhD in Computer Science from University of Wollongong, Australia in 2001. He has been an associate professor at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore since 2006, where he also served as the Head of Division of Mathematical Sciences from 2013 to 2015. Prior to NTU, he held faculty positions at Macquarie University and University of Wollongong in Australia. He also held visiting positions at ENS de Lyon in France, Fujian Normal University in China, City University of Hong Kong, National University of Singapore and Kobe University in Japan.|
He has more than 20 years experience of research in cryptography and information security. He is author/co-author of 1 book, 9 edited books and over 200 papers in international journals and conferences, covering various areas in cryptography and information security such as message authentication codes, secret sharing schemes, signature schemes, hash functions, block ciphers, stream ciphers, secure multiparty computations, private information retrieval, fully homomorphic encryptions, post-quantum cryptography, code-based cryptography and lattice based cryptography. He has supervised over 50 PhD students and postdoctoral fellows, and has served on the editorial board of 9 international journals and as a member/chair of the program committee for more than 100 international conferences.
He received the inaugural Award of Best Research Contribution awarded by the Computer Science Association of Australasia in 2004 - the most prestigious award for mid-career computer scientists in Australia and New Zealand. He was awarded the Minjiang distinguished professor in 2013 by Fujian Province, China and was one of the three invited speakers of ASIACRYPT 2017 – ASIACRYPT, CRYPTO and EUROCRYPT are the three flagship conferences of the International Association for Cryptologic Research.
|Cryptography Information Security, Coding Theory, Combinatorics, Theoretical Computer Science|
- Cryptographic Techniques for Private Information Retrieval
- Cryptographic Techniques for Secure and Fault-tolerant Distributed Computations
- Efficient Cryptography Based on Coding and Lattice Problems
- Lattice Based Cryptography (LaBaCry)
- Mathematics of Cryptography
- New Post-Quantum Cryptographic Constructions
- Non-Malleable Codes Against Physical Layer Tampering
- Private Information Retrieval – Coding Approaches
- Project HYPERVENOM - Design and Analysis of Authenticated Encryption Ciphers
- Project HYPERVENOM - Homomorphic Encryption and Blom-Like Key Pre-Distribution Scheme
- Project Hypervenom
- Strategic Centre for Research in Privacy-Preserving Technologies & Systems (SCRIPTS)
- Theory and Practice of Coding and Cryptography
- A. Buryukov, P. Gauravaram, J. Guo, D. Khovratovich, S. Ling, K. Matusiewicz, I. Nikolic, J. Pieprzyk, and H. Wang. (2009). In: O. Dunkelman (ed.), 16th International Workshop on Fast Software Encryption: Cryptanalysis of the LAKE Hash Family. (pp. 156-179)Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 5665: Springer.
- Yi Lu
San Ling. (2008). Cryptanalysis of Rabbit. nformation Security Conference.
- Yang G, Wong S D, Wang H and Deng X. (2008). Two-factor mutual authentication based on smart cards and passwords. Journal of Computer and System Sciences, .
- Wand H and Wong D S. (2008). On Secret Reconstruction in Secret Sharing Schemes. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 54(1), 473 - 480.
- Desmedt Y, Pieprzyk J, Steinfeld R and Wang H. (2007). On Secure Multi-Party Computation in Black Box Groups. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 4622, 591-612.