|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Helena Gao
Senior Lecturer, School of Humanities
Director, Master of Arts in Translation and Interpretation (MTI) Programme
|Dr. Helena Gao received her Ph.D. in general linguistics from Lund University, Sweden in 2001 and conducted her post-doc. research in psycho-linguistics at the Department of Psychology of the University of Toronto, Canada. She was Research Director of the Cognitive Development Lab/Child Study Centre at the University of Toronto before she joined NTU in 2006.|
|Cognitive Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Bilingual Development, Language Learning and Language Teaching, Computational Linguistics.|
- Acquisition of Physical Action Verbs by Bilingual Singaporean Preschoolers
- Chinese-English Bilingual Speakers' Acquisition of Hand Action Verbs
- Modelling Levels of Consciousness for Language Development in Infants
- Gao, H. H., Zelazo, P. D., Sharpe, D., Mashari, A. (2014). Beyond early linguistic competence: Development of children's ability to interpret adjectives flexibly. Cognitive Development, 32, 86-102.
- Chin, S-C., & Gao, H. H. (2014). Malaysian Chinese Independent High School Students' Cognitive Understanding of Take "Na" Action Verbs in Chinese: Examples from "V + N" Structures. Taiwan Journal of Chinese as a Second Language, 8(1), 19-40.
- Gao,Helena Hong.(2014). E-Learning Design for Chinese Classifiers: Reclassification of Nouns for A Novel Approach. Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS),Volume 177(186–199). Hong Kong: Springer.
- Gao,Helena Hong & Holland, John H.(2013). Language Niche. Eastward Flows the Great River – Essays on Contemporary Linguistics and Language Studies(142-160). Hong Kong: City University of Hong Kong.
- Au, Siu Lun & Gao, Helena Hong.(2012). Measuring the semantic distance of the near-synonyms of touch verbs in Chinese. Di Shisanjie Hanyu Cihuixue Yantaohui LunwenjiHeidelberg: Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
« Back to Category Write-up