|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Yu Han
Nanyang Assistant Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering
Phone: +65 67904600
Office: N4 02C 109
|Dr Yu Han is a Nanyang Assistant Professor (NAP) at the School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He has been a Visiting Scholar at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) from 2017 to 2018. Between 2015 and 2018, he held the prestigious Lee Kuan Yew Post-Doctoral Fellowship (LKY PDF) at the Joint NTU-UBC Research Centre of Excellence in Active Living for the Elderly (LILY). Before joining NTU, he worked as an Embedded Software Engineer at Hewlett-Packard (HP) Pte Ltd, Singapore. He obtained his PhD from the School of Computer Science and Engineering, NTU in 2014. During his PhD study, he held the prestigious Singapore Millennium Foundation (SMF) PhD Scholarship. His research focuses on online convex optimization, ethical AI, federated machine learning and their applications in complex collaborative systems such as crowdsourcing. He has published 120 research papers in book chapters, leading international conferences and journals including AAAI, IJCAI, ASE, ACM MM, AAMAS, ACM/IEEE Transactions, Proceedings of the IEEE, as well as Nature Research journals – npj Science of Learning, Scientific Data and Scientific Reports. His research work has been recognized with 11 awards and 9 award nominations from conferences and journals. In both 2014 and 2015, he was selected to be one of the Top 10 Global Young Scientists under 35 during the Global Young Scientists Summit (GYSS).|
|Crowdsourcing and Human Computation|
Data-driven Algorithmic Management
Ethically Aligned Intelligent Decision Support
Technology-empowered Productive Aging
- ADL+: A Digital Toolkit for Cognitive Assessment and Intervention
- AI-Powered Crowd-computing
- Han Yu, Yang Liu, Xiguang Wei, Chuyu Zheng, Tianjian Chen, Qiang Yang & Xiong Peng. (2019). Fair and Explainable Dynamic Engagement of Crowd Workers. the 28th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI'19).
- Zelei Liu, Han Yu, Leye Wang, Liang Hu & Qiang Yang. (2019). Ethically Aligned Mobilization of Community Effort to Reposition Shared Bikes. Proceedings of the 33rd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-19).
- Han Yu, Zhiqi Shen, Chunyan Miao, Cyril Leung, Victor R. Lesser & Qiang Yang. (2018). Proceedings of the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI'18): Building Ethics into Artificial Intelligence. (pp. 5527–5533).
- Han Yu, Chunyan Miao, Yiqiang Chen, Simon Fauvel, Xiaoming Li & Victor R. Lesser. (2017). Algorithmic management for improving collective productivity in crowdsourcing. Scientific Reports, 7(12541), doi:10.1038/s41598-017-12757-x.
- Han Yu, Chunyan Miao, Cyril Leung, Yiqiang Chen, Simon Fauvel, Victor R. Lesser & Qiang Yang. (2016). Mitigating herding in hierarchical crowdsourcing networks. Scientific Reports, 6(4), doi:10.1038/s41598-016-0011-6.