|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Guo Jian
Assistant Professor, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
Phone: +65 65148399
Office: SPMS-MAS 05 01
|Guo Jian received his B. Eng with First class honors from SCE, and PhD from SPMS NTU in 2007 and 2011, respectively. He then worked with Institute for Infocomm Research in Singapore for 2.5 years, and returned to NTU as a postdoctoral research fellow in 2013. He subsequently joined Temasek Labs as a Principal Investigator and SPMS as an Assistant Professor. |
His major research interest is symmetric-key cryptography, including cryptanalysis, design and implementation of (lightweight) hash functions, block ciphers, authenticated encryption schemes, and their applications such as message authentication codes. Among others, he published 20+ papers in top conferences under the International Association for Cryptologic Research, which received 1500+ citations according to Google Scholar.
He is founding co-chair of ASK --- Asian workshop on Symmetric-Key cryptography: http://ask.crypto.sg. He served as general co-chair of FSE 2013, program committee members of FSE 2017, ASIACRYPT 2017, FSE 2018, EUROCRYPT 2018 etc, and reviewer for all major cryptography conferences and journals. He is a member of ASIACRYPT steering committee representing for Singapore, and also a member of the Security and Privacy Standards Technical Committee acting as Singapore delegate of the International Standardization ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27. His research attracted research grants worth a total of more than one million Singapore dollars, with which he recruited and manages the Cryptanalysis Taskforce research team at NTU: http://catf.crypto.sg
|- symmetric-key cryptography|
- lightweight cryptography
- Lightweight Cryptography
- Project HYPERVENOM - Design and Analysis of Authenticated Encryption Ciphers
- Project HYPERVENOM - Homomorphic Encryption and Blom-Like Key Pre-Distribution Scheme
- Security Analysis of Authenticated Encryption Candidates of CAESAR Competition
- Strategic Centre for Research in Privacy-Preserving Technologies & Systems (SCRIPTS)
- Zhenzhen Bao, Jian Guo, Lei Wang. (2018). Functional Graphs and Their Applications in Generic Attacks on Iterated Hash Constructions. IACR Transactions on Symmetric Cryptology, 2018(1), 201-253.
- Jian Guo, Meicheng Liu, Ling Song. (2016). ASIACRYPT 2016: Linear Structures: Applications to Cryptanalysis of Round-Reduced Keccak. (pp. 249-274)Springer.
- Jian Guo, Jérémy Jean, Ivica Nikolic, Yu Sasaki. (2014). ASIACRYPT 2014: Meet-in-the-Middle Attacks on Generic Feistel Constructions. (pp. 458-477)Springer.
- Jian Guo, Thomas Peyrin, Yu Sasaki, Lei Wang. (2014). CRYPTO 2014: Updates on Generic Attacks against HMAC and NMAC. (pp. 131-148)Springer.
- Jian Guo, Yu Sasaki, Lei Wang, Shuang Wu. (2013). ASIACRYPT 2013: Cryptanalysis of HMAC/NMAC-Whirlpool. (pp. 21-40)Springer.
« Back to Category Write-up