|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Hu Guoqiang
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Assistant Chair (Research)
Director, Centre for System Intelligence and Efficiency (EXQUISITUS)
Phone: +65 67904362
Office: S1 B1B 56
|Guoqiang Hu received B.Eng. in Automation from University of Science and Technology of China in 2002, M.Phil. in Automation and Computer-Aided Engineering from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2004, and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Florida in 2007. He joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2011, where he is currently a tenured Associate Professor. He was an Assistant Professor at Kansas State University, Manhattan KS, USA, from 2008 to 2011. His research focuses on analysis, control, design and optimization of distributed intelligent systems, with applications to cooperative robotics and smart city systems. He was a recipient of the Best Paper in Automation Award in the 14th IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation, a recipient of the Best Paper Award (Guan Zhao-Zhi Award) in the 36th Chinese Control Conference, and a recipient of the Early Career Teaching Excellence Award by the School in 2015. He serves as Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Technical Editor for IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, and Subject Editor for International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control. He serves as General Chair for ICARCV 2018, General Chair for IEEE ICCA 2020 and Program Co-Chair for IEEE IECON 2020, and served as General co-Chair for IEEE ICCA 2018 and Program Chair for IEEE ICCA 2016. |
|Analysis, control, design and optimization of distributed intelligent systems |
(A) Theoretical research: Distributed control and estimation, distributed optimization and games, distributed decision making
. Cooperative robotics: multi-robot coordination, cloud robotics, swarm intelligence, visual servo control and autonomous systems
. Smart city systems (buildings and energy): energy management and optimization, fault diagnostics, building automation and control
- Complexity Science Inspired Multi-agents Machine Learning Algorithms for Real-Time Scheduling in NTU Shuttle Bus System
- Distributed Nonlinear Fusion Estimation for Multi-Robot Localization
- Hub-wide Grid Planning and Management System for Industrial Hubs
- Large Vertical Take-off & Landing (VTOL) Research Platform: Prototype Development and Demonstration
- Scalable Multi-Robot Sensor Fusion, Localization, Navigation, and Control
- Singapore-Berkeley Building Efficiency and Sustanability in the Tropics Phase 2 (SBB2)
- X. Dong, G. Hu. (2017). Time-varying Formation Tracking for Linear Multi-agent Systems with Multiple Leaders. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 62(7), 3658-3664.
- C. Sun, M. Ye, G. Hu. (2017). Distributed Time-varying Quadratic Optimization for Multiple Agents under Undirected Graphs. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 62(7), 3687-3694.
- Z. Feng, C. Sun, G. Hu. (2017). Robust Connectivity Preserving Rendezvous of Multi-robot Systems. IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 4(4), 725-735.
- Z. Feng, G. Hu, W. Ren, W.E. Dixon, and J. Mei. (2017). Distributed Coordination of Multiple Unknown Euler-Lagrange Systems. IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 5(1), 55-66.
- H. Cai, G. Hu. (2017). Distributed Tracking Control of an Interconnected Leader-follower Multi-agent System. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, .