|Dr. Karim received his B.Eng. from National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), MSc and PhD from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore and MBA from University of Lancaster, UK. Before joining NTU, he worked as Deputy Department Head/Project Manager/Research Scientist at Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), A*STAR from 2007-2017. He also held concurrent appointment as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at National University of Singapore, (NUS) from 2009-2017. He worked as a Test Engineer at Emerson Process Management, a US MNC and prior to that employed as a Research Associate/RF Engineer at NTU. |
Dr. Karim has published more than 60 scientific journal and conference papers and also co-authored a book on “RF MEMS Switches and Integrated Switching Circuits”. His research interest is in the area of active/passive millimeter wave radar sensing and imaging systems, RF MEMS devices, RF & hybrid energy harvesting, wireless power transfer, Chipless RFID, flexible electronics, tunable & reconfigurable circuits and passive microwave and millimetre components and modules.
Dr. Karim was part of the committee involved in organizing international technical conferences like IEEE TENCON 2016, IEEE IMWS conference 2013 & Microwave Photonics Conference (MWP), 2011 in Singapore. He is a Senior Member of IEEE and also the Treasure of the IEEE Singapore Section.
- Jianguo Huang, Muhammad Faeyz Karim, Jiuhui Wu, Tianning Chen, and Aiqun Liu. (2018). Parametric Excitation of Optomechanical Resonators by Periodical Modulation. Micromachines, 9(193).
- Manoj Prabhakar Mohan, A Alphones, and M. F. Karim. (2018). Triple Band Filter based on Double Periodic CRLH Resonator. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 28(3), 212-214.
- J. G. Huang, Y. Li, L. K. Chin, H. Cai, Y. D. Gu, M. F. Karim, J. H. Wu, T. N. Chen, Z. C. Yang, Y. L. Hao, C. W. Qiu, and A. Q. Liu. (2018). A dissipative self-sustained optomechanical resonator on a silicon chip. Applied Physics Letters, 112, 051104.
- K. T. Chandrasekaran, M. F. Karim, Nasimuddin, A. Alphones. (2017). Composite Right/Left-handed Structure based High Impedance Surface for Performance Enhancement of Planar Antennas. IET Microwaves Antennas & Propagation, Volume: 11(6), 818-826.
- F. Samad, M. F. Karim, L. C. Ong, V. Paulose. (2016). A Curved Electromagnetic Energy Harvesting System. IEEE Sensors Journal , 16(7), 1969 - 1974.