|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Lin Zhiping
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Zhiping Lin received the B. Eng degree from South China Institute of Technology, China in 1982, and the Ph.D. degree from the University of Cambridge, England in 1987. Subsequently, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Calgary, Canada. He was an associate professor at Shantou University, China from 1988 to 1993, and a senior engineer at DSO National Laboratories, Singapore from 1993 to 1999. Since Feb. 1999, he has been an associate professor at the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He is currently serving as the Program Director of Bio-Signal Processing, Center for Signal Processing, NTU, and Chairman of Final Year Project Committee, School of EEE.
Dr. Lin was an editorial board member from 1993 to 2004, a guest editor for the special issue on “Applications of Grobner bases to multidimensional systems and signal processing” in 2001, and a Co-Editor since 2005, all for the Journal of Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing. He was an associate editor for the Journal of Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing from 2000 to 2007. Dr Lin is a member of the Digital Signal Processing Technical Committee (TC) and the Life Sciences Systems and Applications TC of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society. He has served in organizing/technical committees of various international conferences, including Program Co-Chair of ICICS 2001, General Vice-Chair of IEEE ICICS-PCM 2003, and Finance Chair of IEEE APCCAS 2006.
Dr. Lin is the Chair of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Singapore Chapter for 2007-2008 and a Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society for 2007-2008.
|Dr Zhiping Lin's research interests include multidimensional systems and signal processing, array and radar signal processing, and biomedical signal processing.|
- Bandpass Delta-Sigma ADC
- High Selectivity Acoustic Array
- Human-Robot Interaction Phase 1
- MOSQUITO NET
- Project RIVENDELL
- Sub-Project 2 - Mobile Single Antenna Geolocation II
- Towards An Intelligent Sensor for Non-invasive Glucose Monitoring in Diabetes
- N. Liu, Z. Lin, Z. Koh, G.-B. Huang, W. Ser, and M. E. H. Ong. (2011). Patient outcome prediction with heart rate variability and vital signs. Journal of Signal Processing Systems , 64(2), 265 - 278.
- Srivathsan Vasudevan, George Chung Kit Chen, Lin Zhiping, Puhan Niladri Bihari, Teu Choon Kiat. (2009). Three-Dimensional Phase Images Using Photothermal Microscope Integrated with Digital Holographic Interferometry. Novel Techniques in Microscopy, OSA Spring Optics & Photonics Congress, Vancouver, Canada.
« Back to Category Write-up