|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Mohammed Yakoob Siyal
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Dr Siyal received his B.E (1985) degree from Mehran University in Electronic Engineering, M.Sc (1988) and PhD (1991) degrees in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and technology (UMIST), England and an MBA (2000) from Surrey European Management School (SEMS), Surrey University, England in IT. Before joining Nanyang Technological University Singapore in early 1993, DR Siyal was with the University of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, England, where he provided consultancy and technical support to all the Universities in England under EUROCHIP scheme. Currently he is a tenured Associate Professor in Information Engineering, at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. DR Siyal has published extensively in computer vision, e-security, e-commerce, medical image processing and real-time systems areas both in International conferences and International journals and has over 100 referred publications. Dr Siyal was awarded “Literati Club Award for Excellence 2003”, by Emerald, UK for his research and best teacher of Year 3 in year 2004 in the EEE School for his teaching. Dr Siyal has supervised various undergraduate and postgraduate projects and has conducted various short courses in Singapore. He is chartered Engineer in England, member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology , UK and senior member of IEEE, USA. He is listed in the 15 th edition of Marquis Who's Who in the world.|
Medical image processing
- S M G Monir and Siyal M Y. (2009). Denoising Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Time-Series Using Anisotropic Spatial Averaging. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 4(1), 16-25.
- M Y Siyal and S Monir. (2008). De-noising fMRI Time-series using Anisotropic Spatial Averaging.
- Chan Chee Keong, Mohammed Yakoob Siyal. (2007). The Intel 8086 & Advanced Microprocessors. Pearson Prentice Hall.
- M Y Siyal and Syed Muhammad Monir. (2007). An Adaptive Smoothing Technique for Random Noise Suppression in fMRI Data. 6th International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing, ICICS 2007, Singapore.
- J Ahmed and Siyal M Y. (2007). Transform domain and DSP Based Secure Speech Communication System. Microprocessors & Microsystems, 31, 335-346.
« Back to Category Write-up