|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Ser Wee
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Phone: +65 67904388
Office: S1 B1C 93
|Prof. Ser has been with the School of EEE since 1997. Prior to joining NTU, he was a Research Devision Head and Technological Advisor to the CEO of DSO National Laboratories. He received his Bachelor and Ph.D. degrees from the Loughborough University, UK. His research interests include sensor array signal processing and signal classification techniques. He has published more than 100 papers in international journals and conferences. He is the receipient of the Columba Plan Scholarship, the PSC Postgraduate Scholarship, an IEE Prize, a Defence Technology Prize, a DSO Excellence Award, and a best paper on speech processing presented at an international conference. He is an inventor/co-inventor of 6 patents and one pending patent. He is a senior member of the IEEE. Prof. Ser is an associate editor for the IEEE Communications Letters and the Journal of Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing. He has been a reviewer for several prestiguous international journals (IEEE Transaction on Signal Processing, IEEE Transaction on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, IEEE Transactions on Circuit and Systems, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, IEEE Journal of Selected Area of Communications, IEEE Communications Letters) and conferences (ICC, VTC, ISCAS, SIPS, etc.). He is a TC member of the IEEE Circuit and Systems Society and he has served as Chairman for the IEEE Signal Processing Chapter (Singapore). Prof. Ser has also served in international and national advisory and technical committees and as panel chair and speakers for several international symposium/workshop. He is currently a member of the IDM Expert Group set up by the National Research Foundation.|
|Prof Ser's expertise areas are sensor array signal processing and signal classification techniques.
His current research works focus on robust beamforming and DOA estimation techniques for microphone array, location estimatin techinques for ambient intelligence, detection and classification techniques for sound based as well as radiowave based healthcare and surveillance applciations, integrated audio-video signal processing, audio scene analysis and speech emotion analysis for natural human-computer interaction, as well as EEG brain signal analysis.
- Data Analytics For Sleep Monitoring
- Development of Vascular Stenosis Prediction Using Acoustic Sensor
- Development of a Miniaturized Ultrasonic Cleaning System
- Invisible Earphones/ Headphones A New Generation of Personal Audio Devices
- Medical Imaging And Signal Analysis
- Novel Approach to Non-Invasively Detect Pulmonary Edema Through Active Acoustic Sensing Combined With Automated Computer-Assisted Lung Sound Analysis
- Online analysis service for neurological data (NeuroOnline)
- Quantum Topological Devices and 3D Nanophotonic Integration
- Sub-Project 5 - Multiple Arrays Based Signal Processing Technique for Separating and Localizing HF and L-Band Signals
- Sub-Project 6 - Parameter Estimation for Convolutional Codes in the Presence of Bit Errors
- Sub-project 1 - HF Diversity Reception and radio Signal Characterization
- W Ser, H W Chen and Z L Yu. (2007). Self-Calibration based Robust Nearfield Adaptive Beamforming for Microphone Array. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems. Part 2: Express Briefs, 54(3), 267 - 271.
- X.D. Jiang and W. Ser. (2002). Online Fingerprint Template Improvement. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 24(8), 1121-1126.
- K Z Mao, K C Tan and W Ser. (2000). Probabilistic Neural Network Structure Determination for Pattern Classification. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 11(4), 1009 - 1016.
- K C Ho, K C Tan and W Ser. (1995). An Investigation on Number Of Signals whose Directions of Arrival are Uniquely Determinable with an Electromagnetic Vector Sensor. Signal Processing, 47(1), 41 - 54.
- CC Ko, KL Thum, W Ser, and TS Quek. (1990). A Simple Fast Adaptive Zero Tracking Algorithm. Signal Processing, 20(4), 315 - 323.
« Back to Category Write-up