|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Cai Wenjian
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Prof Cai is currently in the School of EEE, Nanyang Technological University, since 1999. He received his B. Eng., M. Eng., and PhD from Department of Precision Instrumentation Engineering, Department of Control Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, P. R. China, and Department of Electrical Engineering, Oakland University, U. S. A., in 1980, 1983 and 1992, receptively. Prof Cai has more than twenty years of industry and research experience in the areas of mechanical design, system modelling and simulation, energy and enviromental system automation, and process control. He participated in many industry related research projects, and published more than one hundred technical papers, three books, two patents and received three national awards. He has been often invited as a technical committee member or referee and reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including Journal of Process Control, Energy and Management etc. Prof Cai is a member of IEEE.|
|Prof Cai's areas of expertise are system modelling, control and optimization, multivariable system identification and control, sensor and instrumentation, mechanical system simulation and design, and intelligent systems. His current research works focus on industry applications in building HVAC processes, renewable energy processes and environmental processes.|
- Development of Tropical Energy Efficient HVAC Systems with Active Chilled Beam Terminal Units
- Development of an Intelligent Monitoring and Control System for Hazardous Waste Chemical Treatment Process.
- Integrated Fibre Optic Sensor Based Monitoring System for LNG Terminals
- Measurement and Verification of Chilled - Water Plant
- On-line Smart Air-Balancing System for Net Zero Energy Building
- Optimization and Control for Fan Array Based Air Handling Units
- Bingjie Wu, Wenjian Cai, Ke Ji, Xin Zhang. (2019). 2019 IEEE 15th International Conference on Control and Automation (ICCA): Energy model development for ACB systems. International Conference on Control and Automation (pp. 978-1-7281-1164-3)United Kingdom: IEEE.
- Wei Hong, Wenjian Cai, Shaoping Wang, and Mileta M. Tomovic. (2017). Mechanical Wear Debris Feature, Detection and Diagnosis: A Review. Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, .
- Xian Li, Shuai Liu, Kok Kiong Tan, Qing-Guo Wang, Wen-Jian Cai, Lihua Xie. (2016). Dynamic Modeling of a Liquid Desiccant Dehumidifier. Applied Energy, 180, 435-445.
- Haoran Chen, Wenjian Cai, Can Chen. (2016). Fan-independent air balancing method based on computation model of air duct system. Building and Environment, 105, 295-306.
- Haoran Chen, Wenjian Cai, Can Chen. (2016). Model-based method for testing, adjusting and balancing of HVAC duct system. Energy and Buildings, 126, 498-507.