|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Zhong Wende
Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Dr Zhong is a professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He has extensive experience in research and development of optical communication systems and networks. He recently has also worked on resource optimization in data centers, and demand response in smart grid. He has published more than 110 refereed journal papers and over 140 conference papers. He is a co-inventor of 19 patents. He has been invited to give keynote and invited presentations at several international conferences. He worked at NTT Network Service Systems Laboratories, Tokyo, Japan from 1993 to 1995. From 1995 to 2000, he worked at University of Melbourne, Australia as a research fellow and then a senior research fellow (1998-2000). He joined NTU in 2000 as an associate professor, and was promoted to a full professor in 2009. He has initiated, managed and successfully completed many research projects in optical communication systems and networks, and network protection and restoration, traffic grooming and performance optimization. He has served as conference/symposium chair/co-chair or technical program chair/co-chair for several international conferences including ICOCN, ICICS, MWP, GPC and ICCC. He is an associate editor for IEEE Access Journal, and serves on editorial boards of Unmanned Systems, and ISRN Communication and Networking. His current research interests include data center system, smart grid, performance evaluation and optimization, and optical communication system and network.|
|Dr Zhong has broad research interests including data center system, smart grid, performance evaluation and optimization, and optical communication system and network.|
- R. Lin, M. Zukerman, G. Shen and W. D. Zhong. (2013). Design of Light-Tree Based Optical Inter-Datacenter Networks. Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, 5(12), 1443 - 1455.
- R. Lin, W.D. Zhong, S. Bose and M. Zukerman. (2013). Leaking Strategy for Multicast Traffic Grooming in WDM Mesh Networks. Journal of Lightwave Technology , 30(12), 3709-3719.
- M. Zhu, W.D. Zhong, Z. Zhang and F Luan. (2012). An Efficient Energy-Saving Scheme Incorporating Dozing and Sleep Modes for CLS-Based WDM-PONs with Colorless ONUs. Optics Express, 20(28), 29931-29939.
- R. Lin, W.D. Zhong, S. Bose and M. Zukerman. (2012). Multicast Traffic Grooming in Tap-and-Continue WDM Mesh Networks. Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, 4(11), 918-935.
- M. Zhu, W. D. Zhong, and S. Xiao. (2012). A Survivable Colorless Wavelength Division Multiplexed Passive Optical Networks with Centrally-Controlled Intelligent Protection Scheme. Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, 4(10), 741 - 748.
« Back to Category Write-up