|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Song Qing
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Qing Song (M’92) received the B.S. and the M.S.|
degrees from Harbin Shipbuilding Engineering Institute
and Dalian Maritime University, China, in 1982
and 1986, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree from
the Industrial Control Centre, Strathclyde University,
Glasgow, U.K., in 1992.
He was an Assistant Professor at the Dalian Maritime
University from 1986 to 1987. He worked as
a Research Engineer at the System and Control Pte,
Ltd., U.K., before joining the School of Electrical and
Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University,
as a Lecturer, in 1992, where he is currently an Associate Professor. He
is the first inventor of a few neural network related patents and has authorized many referred academic publications. He held
short visiting research positions at Johns Hopkins University and Tsinghua University,
respectively. He is also an active industrial consultant and the principal
investigator of research programs targeted to industry in the area of computational
|One general principle about the on-going research is that the available research results do|
not always fit well with the realities and complexities of the real world. This is obvious to
experienced academic researchers, and I am convinced that a unified approach from
fundamental theories to practical implementations can greatly reduce the difficulty of
doing useful research on complex real world problems. The major focus of my current
academic research work has been on exploring the usefulness of new theoretical
results for practical applications in the area of intelligent computing systems. Important information:
A PhD Research student scholarship is open currently for outstanding graduate students with good academic record. Please send in your CV as soon as possible for the research topic of intelligent NAO robot based on a popular research platform used by 135 research universities (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY3crlIkKzI&feature=g-all-u&context=G2621eb2FAAAAAAAADAA).
- Head-mounted Eye Tracker Communication
- Q. Song. (2011). Robust initialization of Jordan Network with Recurrent Constrained Learning. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 22(12), 2460-2473.
- Q. Song. (2010). On the Weight Convergence of Elman Networks. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 21(3), 463-480.
- Q. Song, Y. L.Wu, and Y. C. Soh. (2008). Robust Adaptive Gradient-Descent Training Algorithm for Recurrent Neural Networks in Discrete Time Domain. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 19(11), 1841-1853.
- Q.Song, J. Spalls, Y.C. Soh and J.Ni. (2008). Robust Neural Network Tracking Controller Using Simultaneous Perturbation Stochastic Approximation. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 19(5), 817-835.
- Q. Song. (2005). A Robust Information Clustering Algorithm. Neural Computation, 17(12), 2672-2698.
« Back to Category Write-up