|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Wang Peng
Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Phone: +65 67906856
Office: S2 B2C 104
|Peng Wang received his B.Sc. degree from Xian Jiaotong University, China, in 1978, the M. Sc. degree from Taiyuan University of Technology, China, in 1987, and the M. Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Saskatchewan, Canada, in 1995 and 1998, respectively. |
He was a lecturer and senior lecturer in Electrical Engineering Department at Taiyuan University of Technology from 1978-1991. He worked as visiting scholar in Electrical Engineering Department at British Columbia University, Canada, in 1992. He is currently a professor of the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
He is a Fellow of The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). He served as an Associate Editor of the IEEE Transaction on Smart Grid and a Guest Editor of Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy for special issues on Smart Grids. He is currently an Associate Editor of IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery and Guest Editor-in-Chief of CSEE Journal of Power and Energy Systems for special issues on Hybrid AC/DC Grids for Future Power Systems.
He as a principle investigator (PI) and Co-PI has been awarded over $15 million research grant from industries and government organizations from Singapore, China, USA and Europe to work on Hybrid AC/DC Micro-grids; Smart Grid; Power system operation, planning, reliability and renewable integration.
|Power system planning and operation; Renewable energy planning; Solar/electricity convesion system; Power market; Power system reliability analysis.|
- 3kW AGV Charger and Features
- Adaptive Integrated Hybrid DC-AC Micro Power Parks System
- Development of Hardware-in-the-Loop Systems for Marine Networks
- Development of a Planning Tool for Electric Vehicle Impact Analysis and Urban Living Electrical Infrastructure Planning
- EV Vehicle Charging and Discharging System (EVCDS)
- Energy Hub for Military Applications
- Future Resilient Systems
- Grid-customer Integrated Resilience Assessment and Enhancement for Modern Power Systems
- Hybrid AC-DC Microgrid Module for Military Applications
- Hybrid DC/AC Grid for Isolated Power Supply Systems
- Intelligent Eco-Building Management Systems
- Intelligent Laboratory Energy Sub-metering System at NTU
- Intelligent Power Allocation and Scheduling
- Medium Voltage Converter
- Smart Field Microgrid System
- Smart Metering
- Study Of Reliability Of Power Systems For Underground Cavern Facilities
- Difei Tang, Peng Wang. (2016). Nodal Impact Assessment and Alleviation of Moving Electric Vehicle Loads: From Traffic Flow to Power Flow. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, .
- J. Xiao, P. Wang, L. Setyawan, and Q. Xu. (2016). Hierarchical Power Management for Real-time Operation of DC Microgrids with Multiple Slack Terminals. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 31(1), 392 - 400.
- X. Liu, P. Wang and P. C. Loh. (2011). A hybrid AC/DC microgrid and its coordination control. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2(2), pp. 278-286.
« Back to Research Directory