|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Chau Lap Pui
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Lap-Pui Chau received the B. Eng degree with first class honours in Electronic Engineering from Oxford Brookes University, and the Ph.D. degree in Electronic Engineering from Hong Kong Polytechnic University, in 1992 and 1997, respectively. He is a Fellow of IEEE. His research interests include fast visual signal processing algorithms, light-field imaging, VLSI for signal processing, and human motion analysis.|
He was a General Chairs for IEEE International Conference on Digital Signal Processing (DSP 2015) and International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing (ICICS 2015). He was a Program Chairs for International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME 2016), Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP 2013) and International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communications Systems (ISPACS 2010).
He was the chair of Technical Committee on Circuits & Systems for Communications (TC-CASC) of IEEE Circuits and Systems Society from 2010 to 2012. He served as an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology and is currently serving as an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, and The Visual Computer (Springer Journal). Besides, he was an IEEE Distinguished Lecturer for 2009-2015, and a steering committee member of IEEE Transactions for Mobile Computing from 2011-2013.
|Fast signal processing algorithms|
VLSI for signal processing
Human motion analysis
- Contrast Enhanced Vision for Deepwater Monitoring System
- Development of NTU/ NXP- Intelligent Transport Systems Test-Bed
- P1-General Object Recognition By Big Data Retrieval, P2-Know Your Customer: Personal Profiling By Recognizing The FashionAccessories Based On Big Data Retrieval, P3-Object Segmentation And Tracking For 3D Depth Data
- Structured Object Database Collection and Analysis
- Cheen-Hau Tan, Jie Chen, Lap-Pui Chau. (2017). 2017 22nd International Conference on Digital Signal Processing (DSP): Edge-preserving rain removal for light field images based on RPCA. 2017 22nd International Conference on Digital Signal Processing (DSP)IEEE.
- Yi Wang, Hui Liu and Lap-Pui Chau. (2017). 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems: Single underwater image restoration using attenuation-curve prior. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (pp. 1-4)Baltimore, MD, USA: IEEE.
- J. Chen, and L.P. Chau. (2015). Multi-Scale Dictionary Learning via Cross-Scale Cooperative Learning and Atom Clustering for Visual Signal Processing. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, .
- J. Hou, L.P. Chau, N. Magnenat-Thalmann and Y. He. (2015). Human Motion Capture Data Tailored Transform Coding. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, .
- Z.P. Bian, J. Hou, L.P. Chau and N. Magnenat-Thalmann. (2015). Fall Detection Based on Body Part Tracking Using a Depth Camera. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health informatics, .
« Back to Category Write-up