|Assistant Professor Elbert Chia is currently in the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Division of Physics and Applied Physics, since October 2007. He received his B.Sc (Hons) 1st Class, in Mathematics from University of Auckland, New Zealand, then Postgraduate Diploma of Education (Secondary) with Distinction from the National Institute of Education, NTU. Dr Chia then obtained his MS and Ph.D. degrees in Physics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA, and was a G. T. Seaborg Postdoctoral Fellow in Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA. His research interests include ultrafast quasiparticle dynamics of strongly correlated electron systems, and penetration depth studies of unconventional superconductors. He has published over 15 peer-reviewed journal papers, including five in Physical Review Letters. Dr. Chia is a reviewer of Physical Review Letters and Physical Review B, and is a member of American Physical Society and Optical Society of America.|
- W. Zhang, W. M. Zhu, E. E. M. Chia, Z. X. Shen, H. Cai, Y. D. Gu, W. Ser, and A. Q. Liu. (2014). A pseudo-planar metasurface for a polarization rotator. Optics Express, 22, 10446.
- Liang Cheng, Chan La-o-vorakiat, Chi Sin Tang, Saritha K. Nair, Bin Xia, Lan Wang, Jian-Xin Zhu, Elbert E. M. Chia. (2014). Temperature-dependent ultrafast carrier and phonon dynamics of topological insulator Bi1.5Sb0.5Te1.8Se1.2. Applied Physics Letters, 104, 211906.
- Chan La-o-vorakiat, Y. Tian, T. Wu, C. Panagopoulos, J.-X. Zhu, H. B. Su, and Elbert E. M. Chia. (2014). Interface-induced magnetic coupling in multiferroic/ferromagnetic bilayer: An ultrafast pump-probe study. Applied Physics Letters, 104, 141602.
- Chi Sin Tang, Bin Xia, Xingquan Zou, Shi Chen, Hong-Wei Ou, Lan Wang, A. Rusydi, Jian-Xin Zhu, and Elbert E. M. Chia. (2013). Terahertz conductivity of topological surface states in Bi1.5Sb0.5Te1.8Se1.2. Scientific Reports, 3, 3513.
- Elbert E. M. Chia, D. Springer, S. K. Nair, X. Q. Zou, S. A. Cheong, C. Panagopoulos, T. Tamegai, H. Eisaki, S. Ishida, S. Uchida, A. J. Taylor, and J.-X. Zhu. (2013). Doping dependence of the electron-phonon and electron-spin fluctuation interactions in the high-Tc superconductor Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+δ. New Journal of Physics, 15, 103027.