|Professor Choo graduated from the University of Leeds and The University of Manchester (UMIST), UK. He worked in the drives and automation industries in UK in the early 80s before joining NTI in 1984.
He is currently an Associate Professor in the Division of Power Engineering, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, College of Engineering, NTU.
He is the Principal Investigator of the NRF-CRP project entitled:
Combined-cycle Solar Energy Self-sustaining Membrane Distillation (MD) and Membrane Distillation Bioreactor (MDBR) Water Production and Recycling System
He manages the Water and Energy Research Lab which conducts research on solar energy harnessing for water processing, micro-grid and intelligent metering systems.
He has published numerous papers in control, power electronics, electrical drives and robotics. He has acted as consultants to numerous local companies and MNCs in energy and electrical systems issues. He is Chartered Engineer and a Certified Energy Manager (CEM).
|Alternative sustainable energy, solar electric, thermal and wind energy systems, energy conversion systems, motors and drives, energy conservation and management, energy recovery, power electronics, membrane distillation systems, heat pumps.|
- Chenzhen Ji, Zhen Qin, Zhenghua Low, Swapnil Dubey, Fook Hoong Choo, Fei Duan*. (2018). Experimental investigation on the effect of fin length allocation for the PCM melting enhancement. 16th International Heat Transfer Conference.
- Chenzhen JI, Zhen Qin, Swapnil Dubey, Fook Hoong Choo, Fei Duan*. (2018). Simulation on PCM melting enhancement with fin length allocations in a rectangular enclosure induced by natural convection. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, .
- C. Ji, Z. Qin, Z. Low, S. Dubey, F.H. Choo, F. Duan. (2018). Non-uniform heat transfer suppression to enhance PCM melting by angled fins. Applied Thermal Engineering, 129, 269-279.
- Z. Qin, C. Ji, Z. Low, S. Dubey, F.H. Choo, H. Deng, F. Duan. (2017). Effect of fin location on the latent heat storage: a numerical study. Energy Procedia, 143, 320-326.
- Shreya Dutta, Yanling Li, Aditya Venkataraman, Luis M. Costa, Tianxiang Jiang, Robert Plana, Philippe Tordjman, Fook Hoong Choo, Chek Fok Foo, Hans B. Puttgen. (2017). Load and Renewable Energy Forecasting for a Microgrid using Persistence Technique. Energy Procedia, 143(December 2017), 617-622.