|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Wen Changyun
Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Phone: +65 67904947
Office: S2 B2B 45
|Changyun Wen received his B.Eng from Xi’an Jiaotong University, China in July 1983 and Ph.D from the University of Newcastle, Australia in Feb 1990. From August 1989 to August 1991, he was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Adelaide, Australia. Since August 1991, he has been with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University , where he is currently a Professor.
He is an Associate Editor of a number of journals including Automatica and IEEE Control Systems Magazine. He also served the IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control as an Associate Editor from January 2000 to December 2002. He has been actively involved in organizing international conferences playing the roles of General Chair, General Co-Chair, Technical Program Committee Chair, Program Committee Member, General Advisor, Publicity Chair and so on. He received the IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award 2005 from the Institution of Engineers, Singapore (IES) in 2005. His main research activities are in the areas of adaptive control, development of battery management systems, ejector based air-conditioning systems, switching and impulsive systems, system identification, control and synchronization of chaotic systems, bio-medical signal processing.
He is a Fellow of IEEE and a Distinguished Lecturer of IEEE Control Systems Society.
|Prof Wen's areas of expertise are Adaptive Control,Switching and Impulsive Systems,Modeling and Design of Steam Ejector Based Air-Conditioning Systems,Modeling, Monitoring, Control and Optimization of Water Distribution Networks, Iterative Learning Control,Control of Nano-Systems, Control of Biomedical Systems,Optical signal Processing,Active Vision and Its Applications,Chaos-Based Secure Communication Systems,Robust Control,2-D Systems and Image Processing. Currently his current research works focus on Adaptive Control,Modeling and Design of Steam Ejector Based Air-Conditioning Systems,Modeling, Monitoring, Control and Optimization of Water Distribution Networks, Control of Nano-Systems, Control of Biomedical Systems,Chaos-Based Secure Communication Systems.|
- Autonomous Navigation Using Advanced Localization & Obstacle Avoidance with Reconfigurable Sensors
- Control Profiles of Multiplex Complex Networks
- Development of Tropical Energy Efficient HVAC Systems with Active Chilled Beam Terminal Units
- Intelligent Power Allocation and Scheduling
- Jing Zhou and Changyun Wen. (2008). Adaptive Backstepping Control of Uncertain Systems:Nonsmooth Nonlinearities, Interactions or Time-Variations. Springer.
- Z. G. Li, Y. C. Soh and C. Wen. (2005). Switched and Impulsive Systems: Analysis, Design and Applications. Springer- Verlag.
- Wang Dan Wei, Wen C., Wang Youyi, Zhang Nianzhu. (1997). An Approach to Robust Trajectory Tracking for Inudstrial Manipulators. 1997 IEEE Singapore International Symposium on Control Theory and Applications (SISTA97)IEEE.