|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Chua Chin Seng
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Phone: +65 67905412
Office: S1 B1C 84
|Dr Chua Chin Seng graduated with B.Eng (Honours) (1987-1990) from Nanyang Technological University and Ph.D. (1992-1995) in Computer Vision from Monash University, Australia. He has attained several honours, including two gold medals (IES and Institute of Consulting Eng) for his undergraduate studies, as well as two scholarships from the Federal Government of Australia for his postgraduate work. His industrial experiences include working with Hewlett Packard Singapore as a System Engineer (1986-1987, 1990-1992) and with Defence Science Organisation (1995-1997) as a Research Engineer. Two projects on computer vision were completed during his stay with DSO. Dr Chua joined the University as an academic staff in 1997 and since then has been involved in the several projects in tracking and surveillance using Computer Vision.|
|Dr Chua Chin Seng's research interests include 2D/3D face recognition, visual surveillance, human activity recognition, gait recognition and general tracking applications.|
- J. Li, C. S. Chua. (2007). Transductive Local Exploration Particle Filter for Object Tracking. Image and Vision Computing, 25(5), 544-552.
- H. Yu, C.S. Chua. (2006). GVF-Based Anisotropic Diffusion Models. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 15(6), 1517-1524.
- X. H. Liu, C.S. Chua. (2006). Multi-agent Activity Recognition Using Observation Decomposed Hidden Markov Models. Image and Vision Computing, 24(2), 166-175.
- Y. J. Wang, C. S. Chua. (2006). Robust Face Recognition From 2D and 3D Images Using Structural Hausdorff Distance. Image and Vision Computing, 24(2), 176-185.
- Y. J. Wang, C. S. Chua. (2005). Face Recognition From 2D and 3D Images Using 3D Gabor Filters. Image and Vision Computing, 23(11), 1018-1028.
« Back to Category Write-up