|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Ng Beng Koon
Associate Chair (Students)
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Prof. Ng received the B.Eng. and M.Eng. degrees in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 1997 and 2000, respectively. He was conferred a Ph.D. degree in 2003 by the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering at the University of Sheffield, UK, where he investigated the impact ionization process in wide bandgap semiconductors for applications in telecommunications and solar/visible-blind UV avalanche photodiodes (APDs). He is presently a faculty member of the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. In addition to APD research, he is also investigating the use of Biophotonics imaging techniques for cancer detection. He is a member of the IEEE Electron Devices Society and the IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society.|
|My research expertises include the physics of impact ionization process in semiconductors, the design and characterization of advanced photodetectors, and the use of Biophotonics imaging techniques for medical diagnosis.|
- Pathogenic Bacteria Bio-optical Sensors for Food Safety Testing
- T. H. Chow, W. M. Lee, K. M. Tan, B. K. Ng, C. J. R. Sheppard. (2010). Resolving interparticle position and optical forces along the axial direction using optical coherence gating. Applied Physics Letters, 97(23), 231113.
- C. Y. Fu, B. K. Ng, and S. Gulam Razul. (2009). Fluorescence lifetime discrimination using Expectation-Maximization algorithm with joint deconvolution. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 14(6), 064009.
- J. C. Y. Kah, T. H. Chow, B. K. Ng, S. G. Razul, M. Olivo, C. J. R. Sheppard. (2009). Concentration dependence of gold nanoshells on the enhancement of optical coherence tomography images: a quantitative study. Applied Optics, 48(10), D96-D108.
- T. H. Chow, K. M. Tan, B. K. Ng, S. G. Razul, C. M. Tay, T. F. Chia, W. T. Poh. (2009). Diagnosis of virus infection in orchid plants with high-resolution optical coherence tomography. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 14(1), art. no. 014006.
« Back to Category Write-up