|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Soong Boon Hee
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Phone: +65 67905398
Office: S2 B2C 115
|Dr. Soong Boon-Hee received his B.Eng. (Hons I) degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from University of Auckland, NEW ZEALAND and a Ph.D. degree from the University of Newcastle, AUSTRALIA, in 1984 and 1990 respectively. He is currently an Associate Professor with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. From October 1999 to April 2000, he was a Visiting Research Fellow at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, IMPERIAL COLLEGE, UK under the Commonwealth Fellowship Award. He was awarded the Tan Chin Tuan Fellowship in 2004 and visited DUKE University, USA. He also served as a consultant for Mobile IP in a technical field trial of Next-Generation Wireless LAN initiated by IDA (InfoComm Development Authority, Singapore) and other organisations e.g. Singapore Technologies and Defence Science Organisation. He has supervised a number of postgraduate students and postdoctoral researchers in the area of mobile and wireless communication networks. He has been teaching a number of subjects related to the field of Network Performance Analysis, Wireless Communications and Digital Communications. He has published a total more than 100 international journals and conferences papers. He is a Senior member of IEEE and a member of ACM.|
|Research interests in the area of Ad Hoc and Wireless Sensors Networks, Mobility Management, Network Planning and Capacity Optimisation, and Adaptive Video Rate Control.|
- Wireless Networked Sensing for Fault Detection and Prognosis in Power Electronics and Electrical Machines
- La Quang Duy, Chew YH and B-H Soong. (2014). Oligopolistic Spectrum Allocation Game via Market Competition under Spectrum Broker. Computer Networks, 70(Sep), 225-239.
- S. Han, B. H. Soong and Q. D. La. (2013). Power Control Based on Subcarrier Exclusion to Mitigate Downlink Cross-Tier Interference in OFDMA Tiered Networks. IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, 2(2), 179-182.
- La Q.D., Chew Y.H. and B.H. Soong. (2012). Performance Analysis of Downlink Multi-cell OFDMA System based on Potential Game. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 11(Sep), 3358-3367.
- La Q.D, Chew Y.H. and B.H. Soong. (2011). An Interference-Minimization Potential Game for OFDMA-based distributed Spectrum Sharing Systems. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology , 60(7), 3374-3385.
- Y.W.E. Chan, B.H. Soong. (2011). A New Lower Bound on Range-Free Localization Algorithms in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Communications Letters, 15(1), p.16-18.
« Back to Category Write-up