|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Ali Iftekhar Maswood
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Phone: +65 67904847
Office: S2 B2A 30
|A. I. Maswood received his M. Eng. Degree from Moscow, Power Engineering Institute and Ph. D. from Concordia University, Montreal, Canada. He joined Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 1991 where currently he is an Associate Professor. Dr. Maswood’s research interest is in Power Electronics, particularly in Converter generated harmonics, Novel Inverter topology, advanced PWM switching, and power quality. He has authored several International Journal and Conference publications on these topics. He is a senior member of IEEE and actively involved in the local IAS chapter. He is also the co-author “Power Electronics, Handbook”, published by academic press, San Diego U.S.A.|
|Design and Evaluation of a New Converter Control Strategy for Near Shore Tidal Turbines|
Five-Level Multiple-Pole PWM AC-AC Converters with Reduced Components Count
Novel Converter topology for hybrid Wind & Solar Energy
Maximum Power Tracking Control Strategies using Fuzzy logic and Particle Swram Optimization
Novel DC-DC buck-boost Converter for solar/Fuel Cell optimal power txtraction
- Design of a Lightweight and Efficient Power Inverter System for Marine Application
- From Seawater to Fresh Portable Water Employing Solar & Ambient Energy and Air Con Waste Heat in Urban/Desert Climate
- Modular Power Converter and Distribution System
- Power ElectronicsNTU's Joint Research Programme With Vestas Technology R&D Singapore Pte Ltd23.02.2015 - 14.09.2016
- Md Shafquat Ullah Khan, Ali I. Maswood, Mohd Tariq, Hossein Dehghani Tafti, Anshuman Tripathi. (2019). Parallel Operation of Unity Power Factor Rectifier for PMSG Wind Turbine System. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 55(1), 721-731.
- Ali Iftekhar Maswood, Hossein Dehghani Tafti. (2018). Advanced Multilevel Converters and Applications in Grid Integration..
- H. Dehghani Tafti, A. Maswood, G. Konstantinou, C. Townsend, P. Acuna and J. Pou. (2018). Flexible Control of Photovoltaic Grid-Connected Cascaded H-Bridge Converters during Unbalanced Voltage Sags. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, .
- Hossein Dehghani Tafti , Ali Iftekhar Maswood, Georgios Konstantinou, Josep Pou, Frede Blaabjerg. (2018). A General Constant Power Generation Algorithm for Photovoltaic Systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 33(5), 4088 - 4101.
- Tafti, Hossein Dehghani and Maswood, A and Konstantinou, Georgios and Pou, Josep and Acuna, Pablo. (2018). Active/Reactive Power Control of Photovoltaic Grid-Tied Inverters with Peak Current Limitation and Zero Active Power Oscillation during Unbalanced Voltage Sags. IET Power Electronics, .
« Back to Category Write-up