|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Anamitra Makur
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Anamitra Makur is an Associate Professor in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, since 2002, where he currently holds the position of the Deputy Head of the Division of Information Engineering. He received the B.Tech. degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from California Institute of Technology, Pasadena. He worked in Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, until 2002 in various capacities, the most recent being a Professor. He also held visiting positions at University of California at Santa Barbara, University of Kaiserslautern, Griffith University at Brisbane, and Keio University at Yokohama. His current research interests include multirate signal processing, signal/image/video compression, and image processing. Dr. Makur is the recipient of several awards, notable being the 1998 Young Engineer award from the Indian National Academy of Engineering, and the best paper award in the IEEE APCCAS 2006 conference. He was also the co-author in the student paper award of the IEEE ICASSP 2006 conference. He has served as the Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing during 2001-2006.|
Filterbanks and Multirate Signal Processing,
Signal/Image/Video Compression and Processing
- Sahoo, S.K.; Makur, A. (2015). Enhancing image denoising by controlling noise incursion in learned dictionaries. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 22(8), 1123-1126.
- Sahoo, S.K.; Makur, A. (2015). Signal recovery from random measurements via extended orthogonal matching pursuit. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, .
- Sathiya Narayanan, Anamitra Makur. (2015, February). Compressive sensing based video object compression schemes for surveillance systems. Paper presented at IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging Conference 2015, San Francisco.
- Asha Vijayakumar, Anamitra Makur. (2014). Theory, design and application of arbitrary order arbitrary delay filterbanks. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 62(18), 4811-4823.
- Narayanan, S.; Sahoo, S.K.; Makur, A. (2014). Modified Adaptive Basis Pursuits for Recovery of Correlated Sparse Signals. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP)Italy: IEEE.
« Back to Category Write-up