|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof New Tze How, Daniel
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Phone: +65 67904443
Office: N3 02B 41
|Assistant Professor Daniel T.H. New graduated with a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 1998. Intrigued by fundamental fluid flow phenomena, he pursued further research and obtained his PhD degree from NUS in 2004. In 2001, he joined Temasek Laboratories at NUS (TL@NUS) as an Associate Scientist and subsequently as a Research Scientist, working on flow control problems surrounding jet-mixing enhancing and control, skin friction drag reduction and flow past slender-shaped bodies. After obtaining his PhD degree, he worked on pulse detonation engine technology at the University of Texas, Arlington (UTA) as part of a post-doctoral research collaboration between TL@NUS and the Aerodynamics Research Center of UTA. He later joined the University of Liverpool, UK as a Lecturer in the School of Engineering in 2005 and focused on jet-mixing enhancement strategies with the UK MoD Defense Science and Technology Laboratory. In 2010, he returned to Singapore to join the Division of Aerospace Engineering at the Nanyang Technological University.|
|Jet mixing and control enhancements|
Jet in cross-flow phenomenon
Impinging jets and vortex-rings
Vortex dynamics and flow physics
Marine and aerospace propulsion
- A Novel Single-Camera Volumetric Flow Measurement Technique Based on Light Field Photography
- An Investigation On Aerodynamic Improvements To Helicopter Operations
- Exploratory development of Thrust Vectoring Control (TVC) system
- Lattice Boltzmann simulation and experimental study of aeroacoustic damping of Helmholtz cavity-backed perforated orifices in combustion systems (LBADH)
- Matching Grant for Collaboration with Finmeccanica
- Mechanisms of Ice Morphology of a Frozen Nanofluid Droplet on Subcooled Surfaces
- Research Collaboration with Finmeccanica
- Simultaneous light-field camera based 3D particle-image velocimetry and temperature measurements
- New T.H. and Long J. (2015). Dynamics of laminar circular jet impingement upon convex cylinders. Physics of Fluids, 27, 024109.
- New T.H. , Chan Y.X., Koh G.C., Hoang M.C. and Shi S. (2014). Effects of corrugated aerofoil surface features on flow separation control. AIAA Journal, 52(1), 206-211.
- New T.H., Shi S. and Liu Y. (2013). Cylinder-wall interference effects on finite-length wavy cylinders at subcritical Reynolds number flows. Experiments in Fluids, 54(10), 1601.
- Shi S. and New T.H. (2013). Some observations in the vortex-turning behaviour of noncircular inclined jets. Experiments in Fluids, 54, 1614.
- New T.H. and Tsioli E. (2011). An experimental study on the vortical structures and behaviour of jets issuing from inclined coaxial nozzles. Experiments in Fluids, 51(4), 917-932.
« Back to Category Write-up