|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Ta Nguyen Binh Duong
Lecturer, School of Computer Science and Engineering
Phone: +65 67906056
Office: N4 02C 104
|Dr. Ta has many years of research, consulting and lecturing experience, mostly in Singapore-based education and research institutions. He has been publishing in reputable research outlets such as IEEE Transactions on Big Data, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulations, Elsevier Computer Networks Journal, etc. He has been nominated for the Best Paper Award twice at the flagship conference for simulation research, ACM SIGSIM PADS, in 2006 and 2013. He received the Best Paper Award (as the main author) at the 2nd ICST/CREATE-NET Simulation and Online Gaming Workshop (DISIO), Spain, 2011. His main areas of expertise include distributed machine learning, cloud computing, green data centers, distributed simulations, software project management, and computer networking. His current projects focus on engineering a distributed, secure machine learning system to enable streaming data analytics for IoT applications; and joint IT-thermal energy optimization strategies for high-ambient temperature data centers in Singapore.|
|Distributed Machine Learning, Green Data Centres, Cloud Security, Distributed Systems, Networked Virtual Environments|
- LearningChain: decentralizing teaching and learning via blockchain technology
- MLAnywhere: Distributed Machine Learning on Heterogeneous Public Computing Services
- QoS-aware cloud resource provisioning in an automatic, secure program evaluation system based on Amazon EC2
- SEFA: A Secure System For Interactive Self-learning Of Computer Programming Via Fast, Automatic Program Evaluation
- TOD: Towards Truly On-Demand resources for latency-sensitive services on public clouds
- Toward Joint IT-Thermal Optimization to Improve Energy Efficiency for High-Ambient Temperature Data Centre in the Tropics via Learning-based Algorithms
- P. Sun, Y. Wen, Ta Duong, S. Yan. (2016, December). Timed Dataflow: Reducing Communication Overhead for Distributed Machine Learning Systems. Paper presented at The 22nd IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Wuhan.
- P. Sun, Y. Wen, Ta Duong, and H. Xie. (2016). MetaFlow: A Scalable Metadata Lookup Service for Distributed File Systems in Data Centers. IEEE Transactions on Big Data, (accepted)(2016), -.
- Z. Li, W. Cai, S. Turner, X. Li, Ta Duong, R. Goh. (2015). Adaptive Resource Provisioning Mechanism in VEEs for Improving Performance of HLA-Based Simulations. ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation, 26(1)(1), 1-25.
- T.N.B. Duong, S.P. Zhou, W.T. Cai, X.Y. Tang, R. Ayani. (2009). Proceedings of the 23rd IEEE/ACM/SCS Workshop on Principles of Advanced and Distributed Simulation: Efficient Zone Mapping Algorithms for Distributed Virtual Environments.Lake Placid, New York, USA.
- Duong Ta, Suiping Zhou, Wentong Cai, Xueyan Tang, and Rassul Ayani. (2008). Network-aware Server Placement for Highly Interactive Distributed Virtual Environments. 12th IEEE Internationa Symposium on Distributed Simulation and Real Time Applications (DS-RT 2008) (pp. 95-102).