|Dr Yang is currently in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering. He received his Bachelor and Master degrees in Mechanics from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and Ph.D. degree from Nanyang Technological Universtiy. His research interests include structural health monitoring, energy harvesting using smart materials and uncertainty analysis in structural systems. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 170 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a technical commitee member or referee and reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including SPIE symposium, IEEE congress, Smart materials and structures etc.|
- Li, Xiangyang, Deepesh Upadrashta, Kaiping Yu, and Yaowen Yang. (2019). Analytical modeling and validation of multi-mode piezoelectric energy harvester. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 124, 613-631.
- Wu Lei, Yaowen Yang, Muneesh Maheshwari. (2019). Parameter optimization for FPSO design using an improved FOA and IFOA-BP neural network. Ocean Engineering, 175, 50-61.
- Li, Xiangyang, Kaiping Yu, Deepesh Upadrashta, and Yaowen Yang. (2019). Comparative study of core materials and multi-degree-of-freedom sandwich piezoelectric energy harvester with inner cantilevered beams. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 52(23).
- Li, Xiangyang, Kaiping Yu, Deepesh Upadrashta, and Yaowen Yang. (2019). Multi-branch sandwich piezoelectric energy harvester: Mathematical modeling and validation. Smart Materials and Structures , 28(3).
- (11) Jia, Jinda, Xiaobiao Shan, Deepesh Upadrashta, Tao Xie, Yaowen Yang, and Rujun Song. (2018). Modeling and Analysis of Upright Piezoelectric Energy Harvester under Aerodynamic Vortex-induced Vibration. Micromachines, 9(12), 667.