|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Yang Yaowen
Associate Chair (Academic), School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
|Dr Yang is currently in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering. He received his Bachelor and Master degrees in Mechanics from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and Ph.D. degree from Nanyang Technological Universtiy. His research interests include structural health monitoring, energy harvesting using smart materials and uncertainty analysis in structural systems. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 170 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a technical commitee member or referee and reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including SPIE symposium, IEEE congress, Smart materials and structures etc.|
|(a) Application of smart sensor technology for structural health monitoring;
(b) Energy harvesting using smart materials;
(c) Uncertainty analysis and modeling for structural systems; and
(d) Evolutionary computation for optimization and inverse problem solving;
- Application of Worker’s Location Data for Advancement of Construction Safety Management
- Autonomous Verification and Validation for Simulation Modeling
- Customized Fibre Optic Sensing for Health Monitoring of FPSO
- Energy Harvesting For Wireless Sensing
- Geo-Env-Mobility And Monitoring (GEM3) Station Research Account
- Innovative solutions for urban underground construction and space creation
- IoT Underground: A Comprehensive Low-Cost and Flexible Intelligent Infrastructure of Subterranean Facilities
- Proof-Of-Concept, Proof-Of-Value and Test-Bedding in Smart Integrated Construction System
- Real-time ground settlement monitoring using fibre optic sensors
- Robotics for Construction 4.0
- Small Scale Energy Harvesting
- Paul Kumar Upputuri, Dhiman Das, Muneesh Maheshwari, Yang Yaowen, and Manojit Pramanik. (2020). Real-time monitoring of temperature using pulsed laser-diode-based photoacoustic system. Optics Letters, 45(3), 718-721.
- Panwei Du, Dan Gan, Yaowen Yang, Kang Hai Tan. (2019). Simplified method for analysis of circular steel tubed-reinforced-concrete columns under eccentric compression. Engineering Structures, 198, 109524.
- Li, Xiangyang, Deepesh Upadrashta, Kaiping Yu, and Yaowen Yang. (2019). Analytical modeling and validation of multi-mode piezoelectric energy harvester. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 124, 613-631.
- Wu Lei, Yaowen Yang, Muneesh Maheshwari. (2019). Parameter optimization for FPSO design using an improved FOA and IFOA-BP neural network. Ocean Engineering, 175, 50-61.
- Li, Xiangyang, Kaiping Yu, Deepesh Upadrashta, and Yaowen Yang. (2019). Comparative study of core materials and multi-degree-of-freedom sandwich piezoelectric energy harvester with inner cantilevered beams. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 52(23).
« Back to Category Write-up