|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Wong Yiik Diew
Associate Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Mr. Wong Y.D. (Wong Yiik Diew) is Associate Chair (Academic) and an Associate Professor at CEE School, NTU. He graduated B.E. and Ph.D. degrees in civil engineering/transportation engineering at the University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand. At NTU, he conducts undergraduate/graduate courses in transportation, highway engineering, traffic engineering, road safety engineering, urban studies, civil engineering materials, statistics and mathematics, and sits on the Curriculum Committee. He is Supervisor to 17 graduated PhD candidates (15 as Lead Supervisor) and 6 active PhD candidates. He is also Supervisor to 7 M.Eng. theses, 19 M.Sc. transport/logistics dissertations, 173 bachelor degrees' research projects, and 35 URECA projects. He is recipient of Nanyang Education Award (CEE School) 2018.
In NTU, he had previously held appointments of Director of Centre for Infrastructure Systems (CIS), Deputy Director of NTU-LTA Transport Research Centre (TRC@NTU), Director of Bachelor of Science (Maritime Studies) Programme, Deputy Director of Master of Science (Logistics) Programme, and Director of B.Eng.(Civil Engineering) Programme. He has been Chair/Member in several School's Search Committees to recruit academic faculty. Currently, he is Mentor to two faculty members.
In recent 6 years, he is involved in 22 research projects with total research grants of S$8.4 million (and a Principal Investigator in S$4.8 million research grants). He is a Lead Principal Investigator in Rapid Road Transit (RRT) programme in NRF-TUM CREATE 2. He is an Author in 136 publications (115 are journal articles) listed in Scopus.
He is a Member of Singapore Road Safety Council (SRSC), Member of Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport Singapore (CILTS), and Senior Member of Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES). He is a Chartered Engineer (C.Eng.) (Transportation Engineering).
Research Scholars (active):
PhD Thesis (x6): Arimbi Jinca; Chee Pei Nen; Che Maohao; Dana Mutiara Kusumawardi; Chen Tianyi; Sun Shanshan
Research Scholars [graduated]:
PhD Thesis (x17): Lum Kit Meng; Aine Kusumawati; Ahad Memon; Anggraini Zulkati; Ho Sze Hwee; Chai Chen; Koh Puay Ping; Yeung Jian Sheng; Chen Mengjia; Yuen Kum Fai; Dwi Phalita Upahita; Tharsis Teoh Ghim Han; Wang Xueqin; Rojas Lopez Maria Cecilia; Shi Xiupeng;Te Ron Nguyen; Wang Yongcheng;
M.Eng. Thesis (x7): Ng Choon Heng; Chandrasekar, P.; Goh Pin Kai; Hau Lay Peng; Ho Jen Sim; Koh Puay Ping; Wong Miao’en Grace;
MSc (Transportation Engineering) Dissertation (x12): Seah Haw Kuan; Tan Koon Hiau; Min Min Naing; Thu Ya Chit; Iwan Soemarjo Halim; Yap Zhee Lian; Abeyweera Herath Mudiyanselage Buddhi ; Aye Aye Htwe; Myint Myint Than; Thein Moe; Thant Zin Myo; Moe Aung Lwin;
MSc (Logistics) Dissertation (x7): Ng Mong Choon Edwin; Goh Teck Jin; Chan Yew Kee; Tan Seng Hor; Ho Hwa Puay; Tan Tsui Hsia; Chng Siew Ling Yvonne.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com.sg/citations?sortby=pubdate&hl=en&user=1yeETc4AAAAJ&view_op=list_works
Wong's R&D interests are in sustainable urban mobility; road safety engineering & practices; driver & traveller behaviours; pedestrian safety & accessibility; bicycle transport & infrastructure; innovative construction materials in pavement. He has also undertaken research in freight transport; maritime safety & security; maritime manpower developments, urban studies.
- CIS Research Grant
- Centre for Infrastructure Systems Research Grant
- Driving Simulation as an assessment of elderly driver fitness to drive and driver rehabilitation method
- Evaluation of Human Factors in Wayfinding within MRT/LRT Transit Areas
- Geo-Env-Mobility And Monitoring (GEM3) Station Research Account
- Harnessing connected vehicle traffic information for intersection signal control
- Implementing omni-channel e-commerce logistics in Singapore: Value co-creation and co-destruction with e-consumers
- Modelling, simulation, and travel time prediction of a road network disruption
- Rapid Road Transport (RRT)
- Research into impacts of next generation electronic road pricing (ERP-2) system
- Research into space conflicts between pedestrians and cyclists on shared footpaths
- Kusumawardani, D.M. and Wong, Y.D. (2020). Evaluation of aggregate gradation on aggregate packing in porous asphalt mixtures (PAM) by 3D numerical modelling and laboratory measurement. Construction and Building Materials, 246.
- Wang, Y., Wong, Y.D. (2020). Repositioning urban heritage for active mobility: Indications from press coverage in Singapore. Cities, 98.
- Wang, X.Q., Wong, Y.D., Teo, C.C., Yuen, K.F., Hao, F. (2020). Four facets of the self-collection service for e-commerce delivery: Conceptualisation and latent class analysis of user segments. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 38.
- Rojas Lopez, M.C. and Wong, Y.D. (2019). Process and determinants of mobility decisions – A holistic and dynamic framework. Travel Behaviour and Society, 17, 120-129.
- Shi, X., Wong, Y. D., Li, M. Z. F., Chandrasekar, P., & Chai, C. (2019). A feature learning approach based on XGBoost for driving assessment and risk prediction. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 129, 170-179.