|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Xue Can
Associate Professor, School of Materials Science & Engineering
|Dr. Xue entered the Special Class for the Gifted Young (SCGY) at University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in 1997 and received his B.S. degree in 2002. He then went to pursue his Ph.D. degree in chemistry with Prof. Chad A. Mirkin at Northwestern University (USA). After obtaining PhD regree, he joined School of Materials Science and Engineering at NTU as a teaching fellow in January 2008, and became an assistant professor since November 2009.|
|1)Development of novel plasmonic nanomaterials for solar energy applications (photovoltaics and photocatalysis) using anisotropic metallic nanostructures that exhibit unique surface plasmon resonance properties in the visible and near-IR region.
2) Fabrication of novel metal-semiconductor conjugated nanocomposites for plasmon-driven photocatalysis.
3) Development of hybrid semiconductor nanomaterials for solar-driven water splitting
- Amphiphilic “nano-leaf” for light-driven aqueous-organic biphasic reactions
- Carbon nitride p-n junction for photoelectrochemical water splitting
- Constructing molecular catalysts on graphitic carbon nitride for solar water splitting
- Controlling Catalytic Reactions over Metal Oxide Nanostructures by Surface Plasmon Excitation
- Controlling hot electrons via plasmon coupling to enhance catalytic reactions
- Development of New Hetero-Nanoparticles for Solar Photocatalysis
- Facet-Controllable Ultra-Thin Metal Nanostructures towards Efficient Catalysis
- Plasmonic Metal Nanostructures for Photocatalysis
- Structural modulation of polymeric carbon nitride for enhancing charge transport and photocatalytic hydrogen generation
- Toward Efficient Sunlight Harvesting
- Yu-Peng Yuan, Shao-Wen Cao, Yu-Sen Liao, Li-Sha Yin, Can Xue. (2013). Red Phosphor/g-C3N4 Heterojunction with Enhanced Photocatalytic Activities for Solar Fuels Production. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, .
- C. Xue, G. S. Métraux, J. E. Millstone, C. A. Mirkin. (2008). Mechanistic Study of Photomediated Triangular Silver Nanoprism Growth. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 130, 8337-8344.
- C. Xue; J. E. Millstone, S. Y. Li, C. A. Mirkin. (2007). Plasmon-Driven Synthesis of Triangular Core-Shell Nanoprisms from Gold Seeds. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 46(44), 8436-8439.
- C. Xue; C. A. Mirkin. (2007). pH-Switchable Silver Nanoprism Growth Pathways. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 46(12), 2036-2038.
- L. D. Qin, S. L. Zou, C. Xue, A. Atkinson, G. C. Schatz, C. A. Mirkin. (2006). Designing, Fabricating, and Imaging Raman Hot Spots. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), 103(36), 13300-13303.
« Back to Category Write-up