|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Lie Seng Tjhen
Associate Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Phone: +65 67905284
Office: N1 01C 78
|DR LIE SENG TJHEN is an Associate Professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (Structures and Mechanics Division) at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He obtained his BSc degree from University College London in 1978, his MSc/DIC from Imperial College London in 1979, and his PhD from University of Manchester in 1983. His specialized field of research and teaching is in steel structures. For the past 20 years, his main research interests has been consistently in the fatigue and fracture of on-shore and offshore welded structures. He is a Senior Member of the Welding Institute in U.K., and he has published more than 120 conference and journal papers on numerical and experimental aspects of fatigue and fracture of welded structures. He also conducts lectures to Master of Engineering graduates in the Offshore Engineering programme at NTU.|
|Numerical Fracture Mechanics
Boundary Element Method
Symmetric Galerkin Boundary Element Method
Fatigue of welded joints and structures
Fracture of cracked welded joints and structres
Development of Failure Assessment Diagram
- Continental Steel Project-Influence of Heat on High Strength Steel Structures
- Creative Modelling for Design and Realization of Architectural Woodcarvings
- Fracture Assessment of Flawed Girth Welds in Clad Pipelines with Under/Over-mismatch Weld Strengths
- High Strength Steel in Building Construction (Phase III)
- S.T. Lie, Z.M. Yang and W.M. Gho. (2009). Validation of BS7910:2005 Failure Assessment Diagrams for Cracked Square Hollow Section T-, Y- and K-joints. International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, 86(5), 335-344.
- S.T. Lie and Z.M. Yang. (2009). Safety Assessment Procedure for a Cracked Square Hollow Section (SHS) Y-joint. Advances in Structural Engineering, 12(3), 359-372.
- S.T. Lie and Z.M. Yang. (2009). Fracture Assessment of Damaged Square Hollow Section (SHS) K-joint Using BS7910:2005. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 76(9), 1303-1319.
- Lie S.T., Yang Z.M., Chiew S.P., Lee C.K. (2007). The Ultimate Behaviour of Cracked Square Hollow Section T-joints. International Journal of Advanced Steel Construction, 3(1), 443-458.
- Yang Z.M., Lie S.T., Gho W.M. (2007). Failure Assessment of Cracked Square Hollow Section T-joints. International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, 84(4), 244-255.
« Back to Category Write-up