|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Corinne Tan
Assistant Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
|Corinne is an Assistant Professor at the Division of Business Law, Nanyang Business School (NBS). Before returning to Singapore at the end of 2018, she was teaching and researching at the Melbourne Law School, University of Melbourne for 6 years. She has taught Corporate Law and Free Speech & Media Law under an awarded Teaching Fellowship (2013-2016) and Legal Ethics in the Melbourne Juris Doctor programme. Before undertaking her doctoral degree at the Melbourne Law School on a full scholarship, Corinne practised as a corporate lawyer and in-house legal counsel for many years. |
Corinne's book titled "Regulating Content on Social Media: Copyright, Terms of Service and Technological Features" was published by the University of College London (UCL) Press in March 2018, see https://www.uclpress.co.uk/products/95612. In this book, she argues and demonstrates that despite copyright law's purported regulation of content generation, users are "nudged" by online platforms to engage in behaviours which are inconsistent with copyright laws. In addition, Corinne has published in international journals such as the European Intellectual Property Review, the Intellectual Property Quarterly, the Media & Arts Law Review, the Journal of Banking and Finance Law and Practice, the Singapore Academy of Law Journal, the Competition and Consumer Law Journal and the Law Quarterly Review. She has given talks to present her research in Europe, Australia and Singapore.
Corinne holds a PhD and a LLM from the Melbourne Law School, University of Melbourne and a LLB from the National University of Singapore. She was called to the Singapore Bar in 2007.
Corinne's selected publications can be found at: https://works.bepress.com/corinne_tan/
Her SSRN page is at: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=573615
|Law & Technology; Internet & Platform Governance; Media Law; Intellectual Property Law; Ethics in Artificial Intelligence (AI); and Commercial Law.|
- Ian Ramsay and Corinne Tan. (2018). Social Impact Bonds in Australia. Journal of Banking and Finance - Law and Practice, 29(3), 248-257.
- Corinne Tan. (2018). Regulating Social Media: Copyright's Regulation of Content-Generative User Behaviours on Instagram. Intellectual Property Quarterly, 2(2018), 140-157.
- Corinne Tan. (2018). Regulating Content on Social Media: Copyright, Terms of Service and Technological Features. University of College London Press.
- Corinne H.Y. Tan. (2015). Technological "Nudges" and Copyright on Social Media Sites. Intellectual Property Quarterly, 1(2015), 62-78.
- Corinne Hui Yun Tan. (2014). Lawrence Lessig v Liberation Music Pty Ltd: YouTube's Hand (or Bots) in the Over-Zealous Enforcement of Copyright. European Intellectual Property Review, 2014(6), 347-351.
« Back to Category Write-up