|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Chen Chien-Ming
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School) - Division of Information Technology & Operations Management
|Chien-Ming Chen is an Associate Professor of Operations Management at the Nanyang Business School (NBS) of Nanyang Technological University. He obtained his PhD from Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University in 2009. Prior to joining NBS in 2011, he was a postdoctoral scholar and lecturer at the UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability. |
His research interests focus on corporate social responsibility & environmental performance, empirical research on operations management, and organizational productivity. Currently, he looks to examine (1) the impact of firm-level environmental performance in a supply chain, and (2) productivity analytics for retail businesses. His research has been published in journals across operations and strategic management, including European Journal of Operations Research, Operations Research, Production and Operations Management, Journal of Business Ethics, Strategic Management Journal, and others.
For more details, please visit http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/cmchen/
|Corporate social & environmental responsibility; operational strategies; organizational productivity|
- Distributed Manufacturing for 3D Printed Products - with specific applications to Health Care Technologies (Seed Grant)
- Distributed Manufacturing for 3D Printed Products -with specific applications to Health Care Technologies
- Linking supply chain characteristics to supply chain carbonefficiency
- Managing supply chains for sustainability: an empirical analysis
- Modelling Consumer Purchase Spending and Return Amount for Experience Goods: A Dynamic Structural Approach
- Retail productivity: an interdisciplinary view
- Chen C-M, Ho H. (2019). Who pays you to be green? How customers' environmental practices affect the sales benefits of suppliers' environmental practices. Journal of Operations Management, , Accepted.
- Chen C.-M. (2017). Supply chain strategies and carbon intensity: the roles of process leanness, diversification strategy and outsourcing. Journal of Business Ethics, 143(3), 603-620.
- Chen C-M, M. Delmas, M. Lieberman. (2015). Production frontier methodologies and efficiency as a performance measure in strategic management research. Strategic Management Journal, 36(1), 19-36.
- Chen C-M, M. Delmas. (2012). Measuring eco-inefficiency: A new frontier approach. Operations Research, 60(5), 1064-1079.
- Chen C-M, M Delmas. (2011). Measuring corporate social performance: an efficiency perspective. Production and Operations Management, 20(6), 789-804.
« Back to Category Write-up