|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Lum Kit Meng
Senior Lecturer, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
|Dr. Lum Kit Meng is an Associate Professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, NTU, Singapore. He graduated with First Class Honours in Civil Engineering and a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering from the National University of Singapore. He also holds a Master of Science Degree and a PhD Degree in Transportation Engineering. He is a qualified Professional Engineer practicing in Singapore.
Dr. Lum teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate courses for various degree programs [BSc (Maritime Studies), BEng (Civil) and BEng (Environmental) Degrees; MSc (Civil) and MSc (Logistics) Degrees] offered by NTU. Besides, he has accumulated vast experience in developing and conducting Training courses for working professionals in Singapore and the region on an annual basis.
Besides teaching, Dr. Lum has actively involved in research and consultancy work. He has contributed more than 60 articles to refereed professional journals, conference proceedings, research reports and research bulletins. He has provided consultancy services to both the public and the private sectors Many of these consultancy services and research work require mass data statistical analysis.
|Intelligent Transportation Systems
Pavement Materials and Design
Traffic Safety and Management
Operations Research and Simulation
- Research into space conflicts between pedestrians and cyclists on shared footpaths
- D.P. Upahita, Y.D. Wong, K.M. Lum. (2018). Effect of driving experience and driving inactivity on young driver’s hazard mitigation skills. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 59, 286-297.
- D.P. Upahita, Y.D. Wong, K.M. Lum. (2018). Effect of driving inactivity on driver's lateral positioning control: A driving simulator study. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 58, 893-905.
- Chai C, Wong YD, Lum KM. (2015). Safety impacts of red-light cameras at signalized intersections based on Cellular Automata models. Traffic Injury Prevention, 16(4), 374-379.
- Lum, K.M. and Wong, Y.D. (2009). Traffic impact assessment study at Nos. 7 & 14 Tractor Road Campuses.
- Qiu, YF; Meng, LK. (2007). A study on the internal aggregate packing of stone mastic asphalt (SMA). Road and Transport Research, 16(2), 19-28.
« Back to Category Write-up