|Dr. Xu obtained his B.Sc. degree in Department of Intensive Instruction of Nanjing University (2002). From 2002 to 2004, he studied at HKUST under the direction of Prof. Bing Xu (Brandeis University) about the synthesis and functionalization of magnetic nanoparticles for protein separation. From 2004 to 2005, he was a visiting scholar in the molecular imaging program at Stanford with Prof. Jianghong Rao, designing self-illuminating quantum dots for cancer imaging. From 2005 to 2009, he did his PhD at Prof. Shouheng Sun’s group of Brown University, focusing on the synthesis of novel platforms of magnetic nanoparticles for biomedical applications including drug delivery and molecular imaging. From 2009-2012, he did his postdoc with Prof. Jeffrey M. Karp at HST in the field of stem cell engineering and drug delivery. He is currently an assistant professor at School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, Nanyang Technology University, Singapore. His research interest is the transdermal applications of micro/nano-technologies such as microneedles and nanoparticles.|
2009 Joukowsky Outstanding Dissertation Prize, Brown University
2009 Potter Prize for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis, Brown University
2008 Vince Wernig Fellowship, Brown University
- Kathyayini Sivasubramanian, Malathi Mathiyazhakan, Christian Wiraja, Paul Kumar Upputuri, Chenjie Xu, and Manojit Pramanik. (2017). Near Infrared light-responsive liposomal contrast agent for photoacoustic imaging and drug release applications. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 22(4), 041007.
- Yang, Cangjie, Xiaochen Wang, Mingfeng Wang, Keming Xu, and Chenjie Xu. (2017). Robust Colloidal Nanoparticles of Pyrrolopyrrole Cyanines J‐Aggregates with Bright Near Infrared Fluorescence in Aqueous Media: From Spectral Tailoring to Bioimaging Application. Chemistry - A European Journal, 23(18), 4310–4319.
- Lifeng Wang, Keming Xu, Xiaochun Hou, Yiyuan Han, Shiying Liu, Christian Wiraja, Cangjie Yang, Jun Yang, Mingfeng Wang, Xiaochen Dong, Wei Huang, Chenjie Xu. (2017). Fluorescent Poly (glycerol-co-sebacate)-acrylate Nanoparticles for Stem Cell Labeling and Longitudinal Tracking. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 9(11), 9528-9538.
- Min Wang, Lianzhe Hu, Chenjie Xu. (2017). Recent advances in the design of polymeric microneedles for transdermal drug delivery and biosensing. Lab on a Chip, 17(8), 1373-1387.
- Yu Gao*, Ammar Mansoor Hassanbhai*, Jing Lim*, Lianhui Wang and Chenjie Xu. (2017). Fabrication of a silver octahedral nanoparticle-containing polycaprolactone nanocomposite for antibacterial bone scaffolds. RSC Advances, 7(17), 10051-10056.