|Cognitive neuroscience of ageing, Cerebrovascular disease, Alzheimer's polygenic risk, Human neuroimaging, Diffuse optical tomography, Cardiorespiratory fitness, Cognitive decline and progression to clinical dementia.|
I have access to large, analysis-ready datasets from clinical trials, memory clinics, and community cohorts. I am looking for motivated graduate students, if you are interested in projects in the area of ageing and dementia, please feel free to contact me.
I have experience working on various research projects with clinicians from different specialties including neurologists, neuroradiologists, and geriatricians. If you are a clinician looking for a scientific collaborator, please feel free to contact me.
- Tan CH*, Bonham LW*, Fan CC, Mormino EC, Sugrue LP, Broce IJ, Hess CP, Yokoyama JS, Rabinovici GD, Miller BL, Yaffe K, Schellenberg GS, Kauppi K, Holland D, McEvoy LK, Kukull WA, Tosun D, Weiner MW, Sperling RA, Bennett DA, Hyman BT, Andreassen OA, Dale AM, Desikan RS. (2019). Polygenic Hazard Score, Amyloid Deposition and Alzheimer’s Neurodegeneration. Brain, 142(2), 460-470 [*joint-first].
- Tan CH, Desikan RS. (2018). Interpreting Alzheimer's disease polygenic scores. Annals of Neurology, 83(3), 443-445.
- Tan CH, Fan CC, Mormino EC, Sugrue LP, Broce IJ, Hess CP, Dillon WP, Bonham LW, Yokoyama JS, Karch CM, Brewer JB, Rabinovici GD, Miller BL, Schellenberg GD, Kauppi K, Feldman HA, Holland D, McEvoy LK, Hyman BT, Andreassen OA, Dale AM, Desikan RS. (2018). Polygenic hazard score: an enrichment marker for Alzheimer’s associated amyloid and tau deposition. Acta Neuropathologica, 135(1), 85-93.
- Tan CH, Hyman BT, Tan JJX, Hess CP, Dillon WP, Schellenberg GD, Besser LM, Kukull WA, Kauppi K, McEvoy LK, Andreassen OA, Dale AM, Fan CC, Desikan RS. (2017). Polygenic hazard scores in preclinical Alzheimer disease. Annals of Neurology, 82(3), 484-488.
- Tan CH, Low KA, Kong T, Fletcher MA, Zimmerman B, Maclin EL, Chiarelli AM, Gratton G, Fabiani M. (2017). Mapping cerebral pulse pressure and arterial compliance over the adult lifespan with optical imaging. PLoS ONE, 12(2), e0171305.