|Academic Profile |
| || |
Mrs Cristina Gonzalez Ruiz
Senior Lecturer, School of Humanities
|PhD in Applied Linguistics to Language Teaching (2019 – ongoing)|
MA in Applied Linguistics - University of Jaen (2010)
MA in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language - University of Leon (2007)
MA in Leisure & Tourism Management - University of Deusto (1998)
BA (Hons) in Leisure & Tourism Management - University of North London (1997)
Cristina is a Senior Lecturer in the Centre for Modern Languages at NTU, Singapore. She has been teaching and coordinating Spanish language courses since the language was first offered in 2002. She is also an accredited examiner for the DELE (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language), administered by the Instituto Cervantes and issued by the Ministry of Education and Culture of Spain.
She is a firm believer in integrating enabling technology into the curriculum with the aim of using it in the way that best supports students in achieving the course learning objectives and provides them with the best possible learning experience. Thus, she has developed blended learning courses that integrate technology into the curriculum design and assessment through the adoption of the Flipped Classroom model.
She has published in the areas of oral learning strategies, oral presentation skills in language learning and technology enhanced language learning.
|Her research interests include Cognitive Grammar and the role of Pragmatics in Grammar, Oral Communication Strategies for Language Teaching and Technology Enhanced Language Learning (TELL).|
- González Ruiz, C. (2018, May). Effectiveness of a Flipped Spanish Foreign Language Classroom in Higher Education: A Case Study from Singapore. Paper presented at II International Conference on New Trends in Foreign Language Teaching, Granada, Spain.
- González Ruiz, C. (2018, March). El formato de presentación PechaKucha: herramienta innovadora y eficaz que fomenta la comunicación oral en el aula de español como lengua extranjera. Paper presented at VI Jornadas de Formación de Profesores de Español en Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- González Ruiz, C. (2016). 8th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies: Student Perceptions of the Use of Pechakucha Presentations in Spanish as a Foreign Language. EDULEARN 16 (pp. 7504-7512)Barcelona, Spain: IATED.
- Thanasingam, S. and Ruiz, C.G. (2011, January). Factors Affecting Learner Success in an ESL Self-Access Programme: A Case Study. Paper presented at 44th RELC International Conference.
- Thanasingam, S. and Ruiz, C.G. (2011). Factors Affecting Learner Success in an ESL Self-Access Programme: A Case Study. RELC Anthology Series, 52, 91-109.
« Back to Category Write-up