|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Leong Eng Choon
Associate Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
|Currently ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore). He has more than 300 publications in international journals and conferences. He is on the editoral board for several Recipient of the 2004 ASTM Best Practical Paper for Geotechnical Practice Award. He has been involved in the organization of a number of regional and international conferences. He chairs the Technical Committee for Civil Works and Geotechnics and is the Deputy Chair for the SAC Council Committee for Inspection Bodies. He is also a member of the Building and Construction Standards Committee and Technical Assessor for SAC-SINGLAS. For his contributions to SAC-SINGLAS, he was awarded the SAC Assessor Awards (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Distinguished). He was also awarded the SPRING Singapore Merit Award 2010 - for invaluable contributions to Quality and Standards|
|Unsaturated soils, soil dynamics, field and laboratory tests, foundation engineering and numerical modelling.
Current research projects include:
1. Dynamic properties of Singapore soils
2. Instrumentation for the Study of Rainfall - Induced Slope Failures in Singapore
3. Soil Improvement for Tree Stability and Tree Root Systems
4. Slope Repair Technology in Singapore
5. Development of specialised container technology for growing trees in Singapore
- Direct contracting with NTU on training services for advances slope engineering based on therory of unsaturated soil mechanics
- Geobarrier System for Use in Underground Structure
- Mitigation of pressures on underground structures due to ground shock
- New soil-water management technologies for sustainable urban greenery
- Soil Improvement for Tree Stability (1 of 2)
- The Development of Slope Management and Susceptibility Geographical Information System
- Tree risk management: Parameterization of mechanistic wind risk models in Singapore
- WP3-Climate Change Impact on Urban Tree Resilience
- E.C. Leong, J. Cahyadi, H. Rahardjo. (2009). Measuring shear and compression wave velocities of soil using bender–extender elements. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 46(7), 792-812.
- Leong. E.C., Anand, S., Cheong, H.K. and Lim, C.H. (2007). Re-examination of peak stress and scaled distance due to ground shock. International Journal of Impact Engineering, 34(9), 1487.
- Rahardjo, H. and E.C. Leong. (2006). Suction Measurements-KEYNOTE LECTURE. Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Unsaturated Soils, Geo Institute, Phoenix, Arizona (pp. 81-104)ASCE.
- He Liangcai, Leong, E.C., Ahmed Algamal. (2006). A miniature tensiometer for measurement of high matric suction. 4th International Conference on Unsaturated Soils (pp. 1897-1907)ASCE.
- Tsaparas, I., H. Rahardjo, D.G. Toll and E.C. Leong. (2003). Infiltration characteristics of two instrumented residual soil slopes. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 40(5), 1012-1032.
« Back to Category Write-up