|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Catherine Peyrols Wu
Lecturer, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
|Catherine Wu teaches the business course, “Cultural Intelligence at work" and liberal studies course “Cultural Intelligence: How to be an Explorer of the World” to students from more than 20 nationalities every year. |
She also designs and conducts experiential workshops on multicultural teamwork for students and professionals.
She is the recipient of the 2018 John Cheung's social media award which rewards the innovative use of social media for learning.
Her research focuses on the role of cultural intelligence and language competence for international collaborations.
She is the recipient of an EdeX grant by the Teaching and Learning Pedagogy Division at NTU to study the development of intercultural networking capabilities among undergraduates.
Her work has been presented at annual conferences of the Academy of Management, the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, the International Association of Cross-Cultural Psychology and the International Conference on Applied Psychology.
- Identify effective interventions to enhance undergraduates’ intercultural networking capability
- Peyrols Wu, C. (2019, June). Disparities in language competence and conflict: The moderating role of cultural intelligence in intercultural interactions.. Paper presented at International Conference on Applied Psychology, Paris, France.
- Wu, C., & Ng, K. Y. (2018, August). Avoidance in intercultural work contexts: The role of language self-efficacy, cultural intelligence, and interpersonal negative affect. Paper presented at Academy of Management, Chicago.
- Keller, J. & Wu, C.(2012). Measuring ‘‘West meets East’’ in strategic management research using cultural consensus model and cultural mixture model analyses.. Research Methodology in Strategy and Management Vol 7(161-181). Emerald.
- Peyrols, C., & Ng, K. Y. (2012, April). The role of cultural intelligence in interpersonal helping. Paper presented at 27th Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
- Peyrols, C., Keller, J. & Hong, Y.Y. (2011, August). Categorization conventions of American and Chinese behaviors in teams within and across cultures. Paper presented at 71st Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, San Antonio.
« Back to Category Write-up