|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Long Cheng
Assistant Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering
|LONG Cheng is currently an Assistant Professor at the School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU). From 2016 to 2018, he worked as a lecturer (Asst Professor) at Queen's University Belfast, UK. He received his PhD degree from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong, in 2015, and his BEng degree from South China University of Technology (SCUT), China, in 2010.|
LONG Cheng has broad research interests in data management, data mining and machine learning. He designs algorithms for querying and mining spatio-temporal data and graph data and models for learning from these data types for various applications. His research has been recognized with the "Fulbright-RGC Research Award" provided by Research Grant Council of Hong Kong (2014), the "Overseas Research Award" provided by HKUST (2014), the "Best Research Award" provided by ACM-Hong Kong (2013), and the "Paper Contest Award" (Champion) provided by IEEE-HK (2012).
We have openings for PostDocs, PhD students, research assistants, visiting scholars/students from time to time. Please email me at email@example.com (with your CV and transcripts) if you are interested.
|• Spatio-temporal data analytics|
• Urban informatics and computing
• Graph data mining
• Big data analytics
• Data management, mining and learning
- Efficient and Scalable Solutions to Big Graph Problems with High-Complexity: When Sampling Meets Distributed Systems
- Inferring Tourism Statistics from Publically Available Users’ Geo-Social Footprint Data
- Querying and analyzing groups of trajectories with representation learning
- Zheng Wang, Cheng Long, Gao Cong, Ce Ju. (2019). Effective and Efficient Sports Play Retrieval with Deep Representation Learning. ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD'19).
- Harry Kai-Ho Chan, Cheng Long, Da Yan, Raymond Chi-Wing Wong. (2019). Fraction-Score: A New Support Measure for Co-location Pattern Mining. IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE'19).
- Yansheng Wang, Yongxin Tong, Cheng Long, Pan Xu, Ke Xu, and Weifeng Lv. (2019). Adaptive Dynamic Bipartite Graph Matching: A Reinforcement Learning Approach. IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE'19).
- Harry Kai-Ho Chan, Cheng Long, and Raymond Chi-Wing Wong. (2019). On Generalizing Collective Spatial Keyword Queries (Extended Abstract). IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE'19).
« Back to Category Write-up