|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Barrie Wayne Sherwood
Assistant Professor, School of Humanities
|Barrie Sherwood is Assistant Professor of English in the School of Humanities. He studied at Simon Fraser University, the University of British Columbia, Concordia University and the Universite de Montreal before completing his PhD at the University of East Anglia in 2010. His first novel, The Pillow Book of Lady Kasa (DC Books) was published in 2000, and his second, Escape from Amsterdam (Granta, UK; St Martin's Press, USA) in 2007. His next book, The Angel Tiger and Other Stories, will appear in 2019 from Epigram Books. His fiction and non-fiction have appeared in various journals, including Stand, Asia Literary Review, Istanbul Review, Lighthouse, Writing in Education, TEXT, Matrix, Townsend and QLRS. His research and teaching interests comprise a broad range of contemporary fiction, including narratives of photograph and text.|
|The contemporary novel|
Narratives of photograph and text
Creative writing: research-led teaching
- On the Belt and Road: The Psychogeography of Chinese Expansion
- Sandia, a novel in text and image
- Barrie Sherwood.(2019). Croissant. Food Republic: A Literary Anthology(200). Singapore: Landmark Books.
- Barrie Sherwood.(2019). The Angel Tiger. In Pooja Nansi(Ed), Best New Singaporean Short Stories, Volume 4(250). Singapore: Epigram Books.
- Barrie Sherwood. (2019). An Exercise of the Imagination. Writing in Practice, (77), 10.
- Barrie Sherwood. (2019). A Trip to the Beach.Quarterly Literary Review of Singapore, 18 (2).
- Barrie Sherwood. (2019). The Macanese Pro-Wrestler's Cookbook.Townsend, 33.
« Back to Category Write-up