|Dr. Xing received his Bachelor degree in Chemistry from BSc Xingjiang Normal University 1994, and Ph.D. degree from the Nanjing University in 2000, respectively. After that, he moved to the Department of Chemistry, at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) as a research staff. In 2003, Dr. Xing went to the Crump Institute of Molecular Imaging at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and|
the Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford University (MIPS) to do his post-doc research. In Dec. of 2005, he started his independent research at the Division of Chemistry and Biological Chemistry (CBC), School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), where he was promoted to tenured associate professor in 2011. From 2011 to 2018, Dr. Xing was holding the appointments as Deputy Head in CBC and Assistant Chair in SPMS for academic education. In 2019, Dr. Xing was officially installed as full professor in NTU.
Awards and Honor Representatives:
2007 The Asian Core Program (ACP), Lectureship Award, South Korea
2011 Lectureship Award for Chemistry Research Promotion Center National Science Council. Taiwan.
2013 Collaborative Research Award, College of Sciences, NTU
2015 COS idea competition Award, College of Science, NTU
2016 The Reaxys phD prize, as supervisor
2018 Young Innovator Award in Nano-biotechnology, featured by Nano Research
- Ai, XZ; Lyu, LN; Zhang, Y; Tang, YX; Mu, J; Liu, F; Zhou, YX; Zuo, ZH; Liu, G*; Xing, BG*. (2017). Remote Regulation of Membrane Channel Activity by Site-Specific Localization of Lanthanide-Doped Upconversion Nanocrystals. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 56(11), 3031-3035, Featured as "BackCover", "X-MoL".
- Ai, XZ; Ho, CJH; Aw, J; Attia, ABE; Mu, J; Wang, Y; Wang, XY; Wang, Y; Liu, XG; Chen, HB; Gao, MY; Chen, XY; Yeow, EKL; Liu, G*; Olivo, M*; Xing, BG*. (2016). In vivo covalent cross-linking of photon-converted rare-earth nanostructures for tumour localization and theranostics. Nature Communications, 7, 10432, Highlighted in "X-MoL" and "ScienceNet".
- Mu, J; Liu, F; Rajab, MS; Shi, M; Li, S; Goh, C; Lu, L; Xu, QH; Liu, B; Ng, LG; Xing, BG*. (2014). A Small-Molecule FRET Reporter for the Real-Time Visualization of Cell-Surface Proteolytic Enzyme Functions. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 53(52), 14357-14362.
- Abbas, A; Xing, BG*; Loh, TP*. (2014). Allenamides as Orthogonal Handles for Selective Modification of Cysteine in Peptides and Proteins. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 53(29), 7491-7494.
- Min, YZ; Li, JM; Liu, F; Yeow, EKL*; Xing, BG*. (2014). Near-Infrared Light-Mediated Photoactivation of a Platinum Antitumor Prodrug and Simultaneous Cellular Apoptosis Imaging by Upconversion-Luminescent Nanoparticles. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 53(4), 1012-1016.