|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Huang Weihong
Associate Professor, School of Social Sciences
|Dr. Huang Weihong obtained his Ph.D in Economics from University of Southern California in 1989. He has taught at Howard University (1990-1992), National University of Singapore (1992-1998) and Nanyang Technological University (since May 1999). He is a leading expert in Nonlinear dynamical economics. Currently, he serves at the editorial boards of two international refereed journals. Dr. Huang has published widely in leading journals of economics, mathematics and physics such as "Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization", "Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control", "Journal of Mathematical Economics", "Physical Review E", "Nonlinearity", "Chaos" and et. al. An earlier paper based on his Ph.D dissertation and collaborated with his supervisor is reprinted in INTERNATIOAL LIBRARY of CRITICAL WRITTINGS IN ECONOMICS with honor.|
|Dr. Huang has wide research interests ranging from microeconomics, industrial organization, financial economics, public economics to nonlinear economic dynamics. Recently, Dr Huang has devoted much time and effort to reexamine the economic behaviors from the perspective of ancient Chinese philosophy. In recent years, he has devoted his most effort in incorporating ancient philosophical wisdom to the analysis of the economic behaviors.|
- Data Mining in Economic Analysis with ROSE
- Nonlinear Economic Modelling of Financial Crisis
- Propagation Mechansim of Global Financial Crises
- ROSE (Reputable Opinion Social Environment) via Connectors, Mavens, and Salesmen
- Wavelet Analysis for Time Series Analysis and Financial Modelling
- Huang Weihong, Zhang Yu. (2018). Impact of Strategy Switching on Wealth Accumulation. Journal of Evolutionary Economics, .
- Huang Weihong, Huang Qiao. (2018). Connectionist agent-based Learning in Bank-Run Decision Making. Chaos, .
- Huang Weihong. (2018, December). The Interactional Dynamics of Dynamics of Herding and Contrarian Behaviour. Paper presented at International Conference on Economics Finance and Accounting (ICEFA), Hamilton , New Zealand.
- Yang Chen, Weihong Huang, Simon Rudkin. (2018). Dynamic Fiscal competition with public infrastructure investment: Austerity and attracting capital inflow. Theoretical Economics Letters, 8(11), 2460.
- Huang Weihong. (2018, June). Principal of Taijiquan and Economic Behaviour. Paper presented at First International Workshop in Taiji Quan Theory and Practice, Hangzhou, China.
« Back to Category Write-up