|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Choo Teck Min
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
|Choo Teck Min is a former Director of the Nanyang MBA Programme and previously the Associate Dean (Accountancy) at the Nanyang Business School. He is currently the Academic Director of the MSc (Accountancy) programme.|
He has taught Accounting at the Undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D. levels. He has won Teacher of the Year awards for the B. Acc, MBA and MSc (Accountancy) programmes.
His research interests are in financial accounting standards.
From 2010 to 2013, he served as the academic member on the Advisory Committee on Accounting Standards for Statutory Boards, an appointment by the Minister of Finance, Singapore. In December 2013, he was appointed by the Minister of Finance, Singapore to serve on the Accounting Standards Council (ASC), the accounting standard-setting body of Singapore. He is also currently a council member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA).
He was the Senate Chair of NTU from 2010 to 2012.
He received his Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) from National University of Singapore and Ph.D. in Accounting from the University of Pittsburgh, USA. He is professionally qualified as a FCA (Singapore).
|Professor Choo's area of research interest is in financial accounting standards.|
- A History and Prognosis of Values
- Koh Wei Chern and Choo Teck Min. (2019). Accounting for Stock Options: Historical Developments, Controversy and Prognosis. 31st Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues.
- Koh Wei Chern and Choo Teck Min. (2019). FRS 115: Accounting for "free" items that are not an output of an entity's ordinary activities. IS Chartered Accountant, (July).
- Ng Eng Juan, Choo Teck Min, Koh Wei Chern, Low Kin Yew. (2018). A Practical Guide to Financial Reporting Standards (Singapore) 7th Edition. Wolters Kluwer.
- Ng Eng Juan, Choo Teck Min, Koh Wei Chern, Low Kin Yew. (2017). A Practical Guide to Financial Reporting Standards (Singapore) 6th Edition. Wolters Kluwer.
- Koh W. C., Choo T.M. and Ng E. J. (2015). Accounting for Construction Contracts: A Comparison of FRS 11 and FRS 115. IS Chartered Accountant, May, 52 - 55.
« Back to Category Write-up